July Challenge - Tension with Type

One of the easiest ways to draw attention to your title is with type. You can use color, motif or shape, size and fonts. It's important to use purpose so the source of the tension is relevant to your story. I made this page for a blog article at Get It Scrapped. I used a western-style font for the word "cowboy" and replaced the "o" with a lasso and flair. Here are more pages for inspiration in creating tension with type: https://debbiehodge.com/2017/05/scrapbook-ideas-creating-tension-type/
Look forward to your artistic creations!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - February
Deborah, wonderful challenge and love your fabulous example and the link to the inspiration pages.

Such a moving page Diane! I love the flag blended in the background, and the heart for the "o" in proud is perfect. Thank you for participating!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Thank you for the fun challenge. I created the movie poster for the July inspiration challenge and the wordart for your July tension with type challenge.

Tension in type: Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Audrey Hepburn in black sans serif Keep Calm font
Breakfast at Tiffany’s in red serif Subway font
Subway Shadow font added to capital B
Subway Shadow font, diamond and sparkle added to capital T

Last edited:

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Fabulous! Clever additions to the font/title. Love the way the essence of Audrey is shown through the stylized drawing.

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Deborah for hosting this challenge - I've had fun playing with text after seeing this......this page I did for a bit of fun for the kids (what they used to get up to!!) so definitely nothing fancy...