June 2016 Just Art Challenge

jilbert

I have been racking my brain trying to think of something for this month. I don't know how many paths I went down, but I've finally decided I'm sticking with this one.

A while back, I ran across a journal page (a real one) where someone had created the background using strips of paper. While they had meticulously cut out lines of newsprint, I figured that was a bit much and decided to try it digitally using various papers. It wasn't as hard (or messy) as doing it in real life and I kind of like how it came out. Long story short, your challenge this month is to create a background from strips of paper and create a layout from it. I've even created a template that you can use. Just click on the preview below to download it.

This is the layout I made using the Art Papers from my Autumn's Song collection (and yes, you are allowed to rotate the strips) --

When you're done, please be sure to post your works of art in the CHALLENGE GALLERY and link them back to this thread.

HUGS!!!
Save

jilbert

Thanks Kay ... it definitely took a while to figure out what I wanted to do that wouldn't completely overwhelm folks ... BUT ... I just might try some of my ideas out on the team ... ;-)

BrightEyes

Esteemed Senior Member
Since I live in New Mexico I couldn't resist using Southwestern Venture by Jilbert's Bits of Bytes for this challenge.
I flipped the template 90 degrees.

My hubby wears cowboy boots on occasion and the great-granddaughters love playing in his boots.
Been waiting awhile for the right kit to come along for this photo.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Jill, thanks for the fun challenge and for the template. I've never made a background with strips of paper or created a layout with a background with paper strips.
Love the beautiful examples by you and Kay.

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for hosting this challenge Jill. I think it sounds very interesting and something a little different.

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
I went bright with the stripes ... I used old book covers for the stripes and then found these photos in my stash from our old house ... loved this poplar tree ... it used to whisper sweet nothings in my ear, put on a spangle show and in the fall .... in the fall it would burn gold :). The created the lace ... anybody guess what I used ?

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
I'm just now seeing this challenge and it looks like fun. There have already been some fantastic pages posted. Good job ladies!

Evelyn

Miss Social Chatty-ness
I have no idea what you used for the lace ... love the colors and that tree towering over the others ...