June 2018 Texture Challenge

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - February
junetextures.jpg

It's June somewhere! ;)

Last month's texture challenge was popular, so I decided to do another one this month!

All of the textures are made from photos I took of plants in my yard. You

Your challenge is to use at least 2 of the textures on a page. (You can create your own papers with them, add textures to papers from a kit, add textures to your photos, etc.--basically, use them any way you want!) Also, please use an image of a plant or flower somewhere on your page.

Try playing with various blend modes and you can get some cool effects!

Just a few ideas with instructions, you can find lots more on the web:
Here is a tutorial from Digital Scrapper on using textures: https://www.digitalscrapper.com/blog/hard-light-magic/
And another from Sahlin Studio: http://sahlinstudio.com/using-textur...eative-photos/
And a video tutorial from Marisa Lerin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Za5bKhMAI

You can download the textures in the Freebies for Registered Members section of the forum.

Upload your page to the Monthly Challenges gallery and post in this thread. Please be sure to tell us which 2 textures you used. :)

Have fun!

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Thank you for hosting this challenge Kim. LOVE the textures you have for us!

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Thank you so much Kim. The papers are gorgeous. Is it OK to change the colors on them? xxxx

KimR.

Staff member
You're welcome, Robyn!

KimR.

Staff member
You're welcome, Rosie. Yes, you will definitely want to change the colors. Feel free to use them any way that works for you!

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you for these great textures Kim. I don't know if I'm more obsessed with growing moss roses or photographing them to scrap and this gave me an opportunity to do something a little different. I used the roses and coreopsis textures.

Last edited:

orkan

Esteemed Senior Member
Magnifique ! mais je n'arrive pas à télécharger ces textures ! où se trouve le lien svp
merci

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Kim, thank you for the wonderful textures and challenge.

orkan

Esteemed Senior Member
but it's of course ... I have the neurons that tire I think! thank you very much for this challenge and your textures

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Blended together three textures for the background. Removed the white from another to create the lace border. Thank you so much for the papers and the challenge Kim. xxx

KimR.

Staff member
Your moss roses are beautiful, Kathy! Love the effect you got with the added textures. Thank you for participating in my challenge!