JUNE PROGRESSIVE SCRAP

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
2021 Project 52 Challenge Host
Hi ladies, firstly, apologies for being AWOL again...I had my 2nd jab and it knocked me sideways but, secondly, I’m going to have to delay the Progressive Scrap for a week until the 20th as we’ve managed to get a break away Monday thru Friday 14th to the 18th June - my husband surprised me by getting our friends to arrange a break in The Cotswolds for us - out in the open and away from any crowds ......
I would rather postpone as I’m not sure how the WiFi will be while we’re away and wouldn’t want to chance not being able to get on with the next parts or commenting...
I am hosting the P52 for that week but that’s not as bad for just popping in and out when I can so I will still do that

Hope this is ok with you all ❤️❤️🙏

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
Sounds great! I am so geographically challenged, so I looked up the Cotswolds and it looks it would be a super fun getaway, so please take lots of photos to share. You gals on here are my virtual travel buddies. :)

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - June
Sounds good to me. Where in the Cotswolds are you going? They are my old stomping grounds and I have probably been to most of the pubs there :-11

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
I definitely will @doglvr49 Kathy I’m the same, I love seeing all the travel pages and adding places to my wish list 👍🏼😂
@Rosie we’re staying at the Egypt Mill in Nailsworth, Stroud...it looks lovely and my friend has planned out our stay there so hopefully lots to see
@Evelyn 🤣😂🤣 we can also be knocked for six.......there you go, now you know we can be knocked every which way but hopefully not up, especially at my age 😂😂

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - June
knocked for six ?
It means totally surprised or devastated. It comes from the game of cricket. If a cricketer hits the ball so hard that it exists the boundary without touching the ground they get 6 points.

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - June
I definitely will @doglvr49 Kathy I’m the same, I love seeing all the travel pages and adding places to my wish list 👍🏼😂
@Rosie we’re staying at the Egypt Mill in Nailsworth, Stroud...it looks lovely and my friend has planned out our stay there so hopefully lots to see
@Evelyn 🤣😂🤣 we can also be knocked for six.......there you go, now you know we can be knocked every which way but hopefully not up, especially at my age 😂😂
Stroud is beautiful. So many gorgeous villages and countryside in the Cotswolds you will be spoiled for choice.

Jody

The Wanderer.
Hi ladies, firstly, apologies for being AWOL again...I had my 2nd jab and it knocked me sideways but, secondly, I’m going to have to delay the Progressive Scrap for a week until the 20th as we’ve managed to get a break away Monday thru Friday 14th to the 18th June - my husband surprised me by getting our friends to arrange a break in The Cotswolds for us - out in the open and away from any crowds ......
I would rather postpone as I’m not sure how the WiFi will be while we’re away and wouldn’t want to chance not being able to get on with the next parts or commenting...
I am hosting the P52 for that week but that’s not as bad for just popping in and out when I can so I will still do that

Hope this is ok with you all ❤️❤️🙏
Jealous much.

Evelyn

Miss Social Chatty-ness
It means totally surprised or devastated. It comes from the game of cricket. If a cricketer hits the ball so hard that it exists the boundary without touching the ground they get 6 points.
ahhh - don't know anything about that game ... always wondered about the rules and how to play it - are there women who play, never see anyone other than men

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - June
ahhh - don't know anything about that game ... always wondered about the rules and how to play it - are there women who play, never see anyone other than men
I believe there are women cricket teams. I have never played it but then I try and avoid all team games being totally useless at them all 😂

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - June
Oh Karen, so envious. Enjoy and have a wonderful time .. love the Cotswolds and been a long time since I was last there. :-f

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Stroud is beautiful. So many gorgeous villages and countryside in the Cotswolds you will be spoiled for choice.
I’m so looking forward to it Rosie and hoping to do lots of walking....I stupidly signed up for 150 miles in June for Age UK (I signed up back at the beginning of May).....not had a good start at all so got almost 2 weeks of miles to catch up on 🥴😂 so it will probably end up as help the aged by the end of the week 🙈🙈🤣

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - June
I’m so looking forward to it Rosie and hoping to do lots of walking....I stupidly signed up for 150 miles in June for Age UK (I signed up back at the beginning of May).....not had a good start at all so got almost 2 weeks of miles to catch up on 🥴😂 so it will probably end up as help the aged by the end of the week 🙈🙈🤣
Don't overdo it xxx

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Update on our trip - we arrived Monday afternoon and it is absolutely gorgeous. Love the hotel which is one of many converted water mills in the area, we had a lovely walk around the village, freshened up and went down to dinner - we sat outside on the decking overlooking the water and had an amazing meal and decided to have a nice evening stroll to walk it off. My friend and I were walking back to our rooms to get a cover up and while going down some steps in the restaurant, I got to the bottom step and my knee decided it was time to give up and that it did:cry: The local hospital was closed so we had to get a cab to Gloucester about 25 minute drive away, got there about 10 went straight into Triage (he gave me some morphine) then straight to x-ray and then waited until 5am, with 7 people in front of me, to see a nurse practitioner - it's not a break, it's possible ligament damage which I'd guessed and we got back to the hotel at 5:45 with the addition of another dose of morphine, a knee brace, crutches and the task of getting up 2 flights of stairs to our room - no lifts🙈:-11
I can laugh now because we're home - we left Tuesday morning - and the pain is easing but oh my goodness, I do not want to go through that again. I'm going to go private and get an MRI on Sunday so that we can see what, if any, damage and then go from there....... I did get some nice photos around the hotel though during the day 🙈🙈

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no Karen! Your trip didn't turn out all that well then. I hope that the MRI indicates that there is no serious ongoing damage to your knee.

But on the upside, perhaps we may see some scrap pages of the photos you took.

Get better soon!