• Our December Progressive Scrap has started.  See HERE.   Thank you to Kim for hosting.

Let's get sketchy Challenge March

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
SI-Mirrormirror-Layout-1-web2.jpg

Hello and welcome to a new challenge!!

Last month there was a very interesting discussion in the General Chat forum about using sketches in your layout and I thought we could give that a go!

You can read about it here:
https://forum.justartscrapbooking.co...nique-tutorial

There are several tips,tricks and tutorials there that you can use for your layout (your choice).

I usually use the stylize filter in Photoshop (Sue explains very well on how to use that, thanks Sue!!)

Here's the photo I used for my layout:

Now got to Filter > Filtergalerie > Stylize
And then it should look something like this:

Don't worry about that it looks a little weird!
Play around with the settings on the right until you are happy and then press OK.

Desaturate the photo (Under image > adjustments) and then Invert (Ctrl + I). Set the blending mode to multiply and play around with the opacity until you are happy.

It now look like this on my layout:

I added another 2 layers set to different blending modes to create the final effect:

It makes the girls face stand out the way I wanted to...

If you have questions, please let me know!!

As always:

The most important thing is to have fun!!

I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Sonja :-i

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - December
Thank you Sonja. I think there will be a lot of interest for this one!

:-1

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Looking forward to figuring out sketches! Thank you for the challenge, Sonja!

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you so much for the challenge Sonja. I don't try sketching often enough so this challenge was much needed. I don't use Photoshop so tried techniques from Craft Artist and the free site, Photomania.

Last edited:

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
Thanks Robyn! This is one of my favorite things to do with a layout too, so I hope so! AND I think my list challenge from last month was a bit hard for people who don't make lists! lol!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Sonja, thank you for hosting the sketch challenge and for the tutorial.

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
It looks beautiful Kathy! Love all the leopards! They are such beautiful animals!
Thank you so much for participating!

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
Very beautiful Anita! Love the grungy background too! Thank you so much for explaining your process in Craft Artist! I'm sure it will be of great help to others!
Thank you for participating!