Limited Color Palette Challenge

We all use color to create a visual impact on a page. It is also possible to achieve impact by using a subtle, more limited color palette. You may have to dig deeper into your knowledge of design principles to create a visual punch, but that is the challenge. On my page, I used value, tone, texture, and brushes to keep it from being monotonous. Looking forward to seeing your artistry. After posting my first challenge last month, I know I will be wowed by your pages.

This page was originally in a blog article at Get It Scrapped.

Rose Thorn

Your page is stunning! This challenge looks interesting...I'll have to put on my thinking cap and plan a chunk of time to PLAY with this. :-28

NancyP

Esteemed Senior Member
I love challenges that make you think outside the box!! This one is awesome!!

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
love your sample page .... sounds like an interesting challenge with something to learn ... that's always cool

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Deborah, wonderful challenge and love your beautiful limited color palette page!

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Thank you for hosting this excellent challenge Deborah.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Awesome challenge Deborah!! Beautiful layout!! I love these type of challenges that allow us to learn different techniques to apply to our layouts. It makes us step outside of our comfort zone.

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
hmmm ... your creation is gorgeous, Deborah ... I'm laughing already and I haven't even started ... wonder how many layouts I'll discard

I left a comment in the gallery, but I wanted to tell you again how perfect this page is for the challenge. Thank you for participating. You are not only super-fast but do extraordinary work.

You sound like me! I always have at least 3 versions of every page I create, and more likely than not come up with a 4th and 5th version before starting all over again. UGH!