• Suggest a palette for our end of year members' kit HERE.  Suggestions to be submitted by Tuesday 19th please.

March Scraplift with a Twist!

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - November
2013-03-31-emlyn-easter.jpg

Jen Maddocks Designs says this about scraplifting...
A method of scraplifting (and perhaps the most common one) is to simply adapt a certain part of a layout design for your own purposes. See a layout online that you love? Take a moment to carefully examine it. What exactly is it about the layout that draws you in? Use of color? A photography technique? Try isolating one or more elements that particularly appeal to you, and try them on a page of your own. Consider the following elements when analyzing layouts:

• Color combination
  • Theme of the page
  • Use of a particular product or embellishment
  • Overall design/layout of page elements
  • Use of handmade creations (i.e. freehand drawing, hand-cut elements, etc)
  • Photography
  • Storytelling/journaling perspective
By isolating the elements of a page that you truly love, you can quickly and easily adapt them into ideas of your own. Quite often, pages "lifted" in this method become your own creations, bearing little or no resemblance to the original!
For this month's scraplift, you will choose one of YOUR OWN pages. Here's the twist:
  • Go to the LAST page of your Just Art gallery to choose the page you scraplift.
  • Use the very LAST kit in your stash of kits to create your page.
Link your scraplift to the Monthly Challenges gallery. Be sure to show us your page you used for inspiration!

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - November
I've been deleting older pages in my gallery, but just had to leave this one of my sweet Caroline's first few days of life:

Here is my scraplift, my great-niece Emlyn in her "I'm not looking at the camera" phase (so glad she's past that)!
It took me awhile to find photos to coordinate with the last kit in my stash. I did brighten the pinks in the kit to match her shoelaces.

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
Really fun challenge Kim. I chose the March Bingo Challenge page from last year. This one featured Rosie's Designs "Gentle Love" and my own flower photos.

This is my scraplifted version. I was influenced by the geometric frames, stacked papers and word art among other things. I call the flowers my "still muses" and Paris - well, not so much. :)

Last edited:

SherryD

Since I don't do much traditional scrapping anymore, and needed to use last entry in my gallery (I assume it was okay to not include progressive) I used my altered photo entry for scraplift. Kit used was a mini of Chasing Down A Dream and mostly all purples, which just happens to be one of my DIL's favorite colors. I liked the way the background of my altered photo page was similar to photo background so tried to get that effect here in a different way.
SherryD_March2019_AlteredPhoto_web.jpg March2019_ScrapLift_web.jpg

JanD

Premier Senior Member
So THAT is the original one.........I remember it! And the new one is simple and just beautiful!

JanD

Premier Senior Member
Beautiful............I like them both as the yellow really pops! Great pages!