Masking in Daisytrail

Lindsay

Esteemed Senior Member
2022 Project 52 Challenge Host
I am trying to mask part of a photo in photolab to leave part of a black & White picture with colour. I have done this before and have already followed a tutorial on Youtube. i.e. take the photo into photolab make it B&W commit to trial. Mask the area I want to stay in colour and then protect. However when I accept it - the entire photo goes back to b&w. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong :-20:-52

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
In Photolab go to Pro edit and then HSL
Select New Mask, and Protect
Now mask the part of the picture you want to stay coloured. I always feather it a bit so the edges are not too sharp
Press accept
Now apply black and white film
Press OK

Hope that helps xxxxxx

Lindsay

Esteemed Senior Member
Thanks Rosie, it still doesn’t work, I can do the mask but as soon as I click accept it disappears. Will play with it a bit more later. Strangely when I go back to edit it the mask is still there But just doesn’t show up on the photo 🤔

Lindsay

Esteemed Senior Member
In Photolab go to Pro edit and then HSL
Select New Mask, and Protect
Now mask the part of the picture you want to stay coloured. I always feather it a bit so the edges are not too sharp
Press accept
Now apply black and white film
Press OK

Hope that helps xxxxxx
Very strange @Rosie if I come out of photo lab before I change to b&w and then bring it back in and change
......it works.... most peculiar it I did get it to work thank goodness. Thanks for your help x