• Suggest a palette for our end of year members' kit HERE.  Suggestions to be submitted by Tuesday 19th please.

Masks in CraftArtist

Lindsay

Premier Senior Member
Can someone please tell me how I get masks (ie March mask challenge) into CraftArtist and make them work. I don’t seem to be having any luck. I’m feeling very dumb. I can download them ok but when I try to use them they are just a black blob. I also bought some the other day and can’t get them to work either. Hopefully someone can tell me where I’m going wrong. 🤪

Yeehaa I did it. Thanks for all your help.. Simple when you know how...

Last edited:

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
Hi Lindsay,

To the right of your workspace is the layers tab, next to styles and brushes. Put you image to be masked onto a seperate layer and then just at the bottom of the layer tab is add mask layer. Click on this and then drag your mask onto this layer.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Welcome to Just Art Lindsay!! We are happy that you are here!! In Craft Artist Pro 2 I create my masking a little differently. Barb's way is quicker. On the layers tab I create 2 separate layers, one for the photo and one for the PNG mask. I make sure that the mask is in the layer above the photo. You may bring your mask into the software via the embellishments area to the left of your workspace by dragging it into your layout or, by the photo tab on the middle-top toolbar. When the mask is in the layers menu above the photo it will look like a black blob in your layout. Go back to your mask layer. Make sure that layer is highlighted, and click on the "M" button next to the "eye" button. This creates a mask over your photo. Then you can click back and forth on your photo and mask layers to adjust it to the size you would like to have in your layout. Have fun!! I love using masks with this software.

Last edited:

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
HI, there are lots of tutorials on Craft Artist HERE and one on my dropbox showing a very easy way to use masks, It is a PDF just click either link. Have fun

Lindsay

Premier Senior Member
Thank you all for your wonderful advice. I am sure I will figure it out now. I will give it another go today. Watch this space 😂😂😂

Catseyes

Absolutely love the cat in the message on the page Anita,so Celebes to do and make that effect,saves such a lot of money when making cards or scrapbooking.my ambition is to get better at making beautiful and stunning embelshments.
Susannah