Microsoft OS vs. MAC OS

Rose Thorn

I need a bit of guidance, is there anyone here who's familiar with both OS's?

I've been digital scrapbooking since 2008 and, as one might imagine, I've acquired a plethora of kits and files; with each one, if it was accompanied by a folder named MACOSX, I always deleted that folder.

Now that I'm using an iPad, will I need to retain those files to be able to use everything on my iPad? Or is it only crucial if its a folder of files used in either Photoshop or Procreate?

After looking on around on the web using a well known search engine it seems the file is generated when someone who uses a mac sends a zip-file to a windows PC so I just think its the info the mac used to compress the contents.
I delete that file too and can still access the contents from various devices, iphone, ipad, PC even my xbox as long as I put the images in iCloud or OneDrive. You can get the app for OneDrive from the app store for the apple devices and just log on from the web using a PC to iCloud.

So no, you don't need to keep it

Hope this helps xxx : 0)

After looking on around on the web using a well known search engine it seems the file is generated when someone who uses a mac sends a zip-file to a windows PC so I just think its the info the mac used to compress the contents.
I delete that file too and can still access the contents from various devices, iphone, ipad, PC even my xbox as long as I put the images in iCloud or OneDrive. You can get the app for OneDrive from the app store for the apple devices and just log on from the web using a PC to iCloud.

So no, you don't need to keep it

Hope this helps xxx : 0)
Thank you so much for responding, your rationale makes great sense to me. Very helpful, thanks for your time and attention. :-e

Back