Monthly note card challenge ...

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
No matter what country you live in, first determine the availability of envelopes and make your cards the size that will fit into the envelope. Most likely that will be half or quarter fold of generally available card stock.

In the US, most cardstock is 8.5x11 and you can get envelopes for an 8.5x5.5 card (folding the cardstock in half) or for a 4.25x5.5 card (folding the cardstock in quarters or printing two cards on one sheet of 8.5x11 and folding those cards in half)

Take a sheet of bond paper and fold it - you will see what I mean.

Here is a template to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

To make a card like this, use your guides to divide your 8.5x11 project into 4 parts, then create within those boundaries.
I like using matte finished thin card stock to make quarter fold cards.
I like being able to print on one side so I don't have to reinsert and get the back printed correctly.
quarter-fold-template_1.jpg

If you choose to draw lines to divide your project into four quarters, delete layer with division lines
quarter-fold-finished-web.jpg

Last edited:

Patricia

Premier Senior Member
In Europe cardstock format is 8,26 x 11,7 inch ... so some adjustments are necessary but I get the idea

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
Alternately, you can make a hybrid -
Create a front and a verse in PSE, print them on matte cardstock, cut them out with fancy scissors, and glue to colored card stock.

cardstock-cards.jpg

nightshadow

Hermit, occasionally signs in
Beautiful cards Janice. I make hybrid cards all the time. I like to give people something unique.