Mood Board March

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
I've often wondered why St. Patrick's Day became so popular ... great masks under that photo and such an interesting frame, Sherry

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
Diane, this is very appealing to me ... the colors - the photo, the wood and the flowers are all so natural ... wonderful brush work and mask

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Evelyn for hosting the challenge this month. My inspiration came from the dark colours, the metal of the horseshoe and the opposite of celebrations and festivals :( We have had a very sad week here where a young girl in my daughters college was brutally stabbed and killed for no reason but sadly this is not a rarity.....this is now a common occurrence here. So much so T
he Knife Angel, a national monument against violence and aggression was created and aims to show the impact knife crime has on people’s lives. The 27-foot sculpture is made up of more than 100,000 weapons confiscated from 43 police forces across the country and was created by artist Alfie Bradley at the British Ironwork Centre in Oswestry, Shropshire. Chairman of the centre, Clive Knowles, launched the Surrender your knife Save a Life campaign, using weapons handed in or seized by police across the UK to create the piece of art. It took over a year to build the Knife Angel after permission was granted by the Home Office to collect the knives. Currently in Hull, the sculpture will travel to the Midlands this month and will remain in Coventry – the city of peace and reconciliation – until after Easter.
Mr Knowles has appealed in a letter that has been sent to every cathedral in the UK to follow Liverpool, Hull and Coventry’s lead and host the sculpture. He said it was important that the angel goes to the most troubled cities where knife crime has been a particular problem. He added: “It deliberately displays an expression of confusion. It is perplexed about why there is so much violence and why we are all hurting each other. We hope it will ignite debate and conversations between government, police forces and educational bodies.”