More information on nominating a GSO (gallery standout)

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
As most of you already know there is a limit of 2 nominations per person per day, and any member can nominate a page that they like in the gallery.

There has been a little confusion where a page has been nominated in the monthly thread but not in the gallery.

Most of you are already following the below steps, but just in case there is any confusion, I'm spelling it out. THANKS! :)

1. When you nominate a page, please do so in the monthly thread, and PUT A LINK in your post to the page which you are nominating.

2. Please ALSO make a comment under the image in the gallery indicating that you are nominating the page for a GSO. This serves to notify the page creator that she has a nomination, but perhaps more importantly, also serves to notify other members that the page has already received a GSO nomination.

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - May
How do I link the GSO in the forum to the post in the Gallery? Thanks!

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
DeLoris.......

1. COPY the URL of YOUR POST in the GSO page in the forum where you have nominated the gallery image. To do this click on the forum post number and then copy the URL at the top of the page.

2. Go to the image in the gallery and perhaps, just for example, you have put some text under that image saying that you have nominated it for a GSO. Highlight the text 'GSO' and then click on the insert link icon (little chain) in the editor bar, paste the URL that you have copied into the pop up box that says URL and click on 'insert'.

For example...... if you said in the comment box in the forum something like......I have nominated your page for a GSO........you would highlight the text 'GSO' and follow the directions in red above.

The member who has created the gallery image can then click on the text GSO (which will now be linked) and will be taken to the post in the GSO thread where you have nominated that image.

DeLoris, please refer to Grace's post#11 below. She has explained it far better than I have.

Last edited:

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - May
Ok, thank you for responding, but I do not understand.
Let me see if I can make it easier.
1. I nominated Kim for a GSO - see example 1

2. I go to the GSO section and add Kim's nomination. - see example 2

What do I copy from the GSO Standout Section and how do I add it to the Gallery Section?

Does that make sense?
Hugs,

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
What do I copy from the GSO Standout Section and how do I add it to the Gallery Section?

You ask 'what do I copy'. You copy the URL link of your post in the GSO forum page. (see No. 1 in post#8)

You ask 'how do I add it to the Gallery Section'. You add it by linking it to text (of your choice) which you have typed in the gallery comment box. (see No. 2 in post #8)

Last edited:

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - May
You ask 'what do I copy'. You copy the URL link of your post in the GSO forum page. (see No. 1 in post#8)

You ask 'how do I add it to the Gallery Section'. You add it by linking it to text (of your choice) which you have typed in the gallery comment box. (see No. 2 in post #8)
Ok, thank you. I will try again! Hugs,

Last edited by a moderator:

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
The link just shows the page where the GSO is posted and not the post it's self?
Please read what Grace has said in the below post about clicking on the post number and THEN copying the URL at the top of the page.

Thanks Grace. I have edited my above post about copying the URL of the actual post, rather than the page.

Last edited:

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - May
@Robyn and @DeLoris

I hope this answers the question by DeLoris:
You should have both the Forum page and the Gallery page open in your browser.
Click on the forum post number and copy the url at the top of the page and paste the url in the Insert Link icon in the Gallery.

This is how I do my GSO:
In the Gallery I highlight GSO and click B (bold), click tT (font size 18), and click Color Palette icon (text color) to select the color

and then in a separate window I go to the Forum to the GSO thread and type my comment and click on the camera icon to insert the page from the Gallery and then click post reply.

Then I click on my forum post number and copy the url at the top of page and then go back to the Gallery page and click on the GSO and click Insert Link icon and paste the url and click Insert and then click post comment.

If you look at my post 139 on page 7 of the November GSO 2020 in the Forum, you can see the Gallery photo. If you click on the Gallery photo, it takes you to the page in the Gallery. If you scroll down to my GSO and click on the GSO it takes you back to my post in the Forum.

If you highlight the GSO in Bold and change the font size to 18 and select a color, everyone can easily see the GSO.

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
@Robyn and @DeLoris

Click on the forum post number and copy the url at the top of the page and paste the url in the Insert Link icon in the Gallery.

This is how I do my GSO:
In the Gallery I highlight GSO and click B (bold), click tT (font size 18), and click Color Palette icon (text color) to select the color

and then in a separate window I go to the Forum to the GSO thread and type my comment and click on the camera icon to insert the page from the Gallery and then click post reply.

Then I click on my forum post number and copy the url at the top of page and then go back to the Gallery page and click on the GSO and click Insert Link icon and paste the url and click Insert and then click post comment.

If you look at my post 139 on page 7 of the November GSO 2020 in the Forum, you can see the Gallery photo. If you click on the Gallery photo, it takes you to the page in the Gallery. If you scroll down to my GSO and click on the GSO it takes you back to my post in the Forum.

If you highlight the GSO in Bold and change the font size to 18 and select a color, everyone can easily see the GSO.
Thank you Grace.

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - May
Please read what Grace has said in the below post about clicking on the post number and THEN copying the URL at the top of the page.

Thanks Grace. I have edited my above post about copying the URL of the actual post, rather than the page.
Thank you so much Robyn! I will see what I can do. Between you and Grace hopefully I will get there! You are an angel! :-62 :-62 :-62

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - May
@Robyn and @DeLoris

This is how I do my GSO:

Thank you so much Grace! I will try and see if I cna do it now. You and Robyn have been a HUGE help! :-62 :-62 :-62

Evelyn

Miss Social Chatty-ness
Well now ... I didn't know, or don't remember that I knew, to post in the thread. I'm gobsmacked that I have been amiss all this time :-35:-33 I did forget how to link - I swear I still have brain fog from my stay in the hospital, 14 mos. ago (I'm serious) - I'm going to try next time to link it all together and now I have a headache ;)

Evelyn

Miss Social Chatty-ness
I just linked a GSO - reading Grace's instructions, thank you @Grace and @Robyn - I have 3 windows opened, went back and forth a dozen times, linked, clicked on everything, was successful and now I'm going to take a nap ... I think I'm coming down with vertigo

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - May
I just linked a GSO - reading Grace's instructions, thank you @Grace and @Robyn - I have 3 windows opened, went back and forth a dozen times, linked, clicked on everything, was successful and now I'm going to take a nap ... I think I'm coming down with vertigo
LOL--when you wake up from your nap, you'll be fine! It's really easy to link the GSO if you know how to do it and it doesn't take much time to do so.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - May
Evelyn, I didn't see the GSO you linked in the November 2020 GSO forum thread. You had 3 windows opened--maybe you linked the GSO to the other window that was opened.

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - May
You are soo cute! Yes, get some rest! LOL :-11:-11:-11

Evelyn

Miss Social Chatty-ness
Evelyn, I didn't see the GSO you linked in the November 2020 GSO forum thread. You had 3 windows opened--maybe you linked the GSO to the other window that was opened.
HMMM - I see it in the GSO thread but it's just the top half, when it's clicked on it opens - @Lididee saw it there - it's too early right now for this but I ♥ you, Grace ;)

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - May
@Evelyn, my senior eyes are not seeing your GSO for Lididee in the November GSO 2020 forum thread--Please tell me the post number of your GSO.