my kits on external drive

auscrafts

All my kits are on a external drive but a few days ago windows 10 had a big update and even though the Craft artist was still on the pc it wouldn't open ,sorted that out by reinstalling (along with several othe programs I use and still need to reinstall a few more) but I just can't remember how to point CA to the external drive i know it's simple but I feel brain dead at the moment

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
With Craft Artist open go to Tools on the top task bar. Choose options then look for Digikit locations. You can then add your EHD.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Eilo, if Craft Artist acts up again and does not open, just hold down the CTRL key while starting the program, and when the menu opens up to ask if you want to reset your settings just click NO before closing the menu. I have had several problems opening my program with Windows 10, and holding down the CTRL key while starting the program seems to work for me. I did not go through the hassle of reinstalling everything. Due to the updates, sometimes I will just restart my computer to fix the problem.

Alfred

That's interesting, Diane. Ctrl-launching the program and then pressing the 'No' button in the dialog that pops up should tell the program that you don't want to reset your user settings; i.e. it should have the same effect as launching the program without holding down the Ctrl key.

Alfred

Understood, but what puzzled me is that in your original post you said to click on 'No'. My point was that you're effectively cancelling the Ctrl keypress if you do that.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Alfred. I did not know that. I am not a computer expert. I just do what I need to do to get it to cooperate.

Alfred

'I just do what I need to do to get it to cooperate': Been there, done that! It might have been clearer if the buttons had the more familiar labels 'OK' and 'Cancel' instead of 'Yes' and 'No'.