• Members' end of year kit.  Please VOTE HERE for the colour and name of your choice.  Voting closes on November 28th.

My Memories Suite 7

WendyP

Premier Senior Member
I have a very old copy of this, but never use it. Nowhere near as good as Craft Artist 2.

Anne

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
For anyone who has used CraftArtist they will find My Memories Suite quite familiar in many
ways but..........I have to agree with Wendy, it isn't anywhere near as good as CA! I bought the latest version (MMS 8) a while ago (as I was curious!) and although I believe there were a few more additions to the programme I found it quite limiting in many areas. Having said that it is quite simple to use and has some nice 'easy' features to play with. :) Very generous of the company to 'give it away' but I guess it's all in their own interests! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Alfred

Anne;n69703 said:
Very generous of the company to 'give it away' but I guess it's all in their own interests! :rolleyes:
Quite so, Anne! It's clear that they're hoping to tempt users into upgrading to the newer version, but I thought it looked like a nice freebie. :)

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Alfred. That is very generous of My Memories. Does anyone know? When upgrading My Memories Suite since I have version 3, do I need to remove the old version first since this is not technically an upgrade version?

Last edited:

Alfred

I don't know for sure, Diane, and I haven't even installed this version yet, but given that it isn't an upgrade I would expect it to be a completely separate installation that doesn't look for previous installations and therefore won't remove (or require you to remove) any older version that you may have. If I were you, I would leave version 3 in place so that you can easily go back to it if you decide that you don't like version 7.

Anne

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
It is a very generous offer Alfred. I see they are welcoming ex DaisyTrailers to the site and have set up a Forum for them too which is is very friendly.....Kaz (Harleygirl) is a designer there now and it's another reason why I bought MMS8. I am yet to use the programme but I will one day........
Advanced users of CA will find the MMS a little too basic I think. ;)

Alfred

'Advanced users of CA will find the MMS a little too basic I think.'

Oh, well ... it should suit me fine, then! :p

jennyjennyjenny

Premier Senior Member
Downloaded the (mymemories suite7)had a look at it but tis not for me.It is nice they are giving it to the daisytrailers but it is very basic.Some newbies to other sites will probably enjoy it, but there are not a lot of effects etc that we still have with our old software.So will stick with what I know .Thanks for the go and happy scrapping .PS I love this new site we have all come to .It is so like the old DT gallery etc and I have fitted in well as have others I think,so see you on the ice as they say .Jenny:-30

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Jenny............so very pleased to hear that you like it here and feel welcome, comfortable and part of our community.

WendyP

Premier Senior Member
Have to agree with Jenny, this does feel like home now. Everyone is so friendly and helpful.

dhariana

This is a very generous offer indeed! Of course, as it was pointed out, there is a lot in there for them too since it is a whole new bunch of customers, but it is still quite generous to offer a full software version for free. I did download the MM7 and tried my hand at it. I also find it difficult to leave CA2 since I am used to it and, at a first glance at least, it seems much better and easier to use. With all that being said, I'd like to point out that maybe the users of Craft Artist Compact will have a few nice surprises with MM7, so I guess it is a good thing they released it for us...
ps.: I also love it here and don't feel an orphan anymore! Yay!
Hugs!