CHALLENGES November Altered Photo Challenge

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - December
November Altered Photo Challenge
Gosh, it's been a while since we had an Altered Photo Challenge. I'm glad I am slowly getting better and am able to host it again!
This month you are going to use a slat on your photo. I made some for you, or if you have some of your own, you are welcome to use those too.
If you do not know how to use them:
1. Copy the photo and add it to a blank 12x12 file.
2. Resize and place where desired. Duplicate the photo
3. Copy the chosen slat and add it to the top of your duplicate photo.
4. Resize as desired.
5. Select the slat so all of it is floating (Programs differ. In Paint Shop Pro I chose Select, Select All, Selection Float, Invert Selection,
then select the layer of your duplicate photo (or your regular photo layer) and hit Delete. Select None.
6. Now add a filter to either the copy or the regular photo (or use a filter on both layers).
7. Decorate your page. Add it to the Altered Photo Category in the Gallery Section and then post it back here.
I will comment in the Gallery only.
I hope you have fun using the slats!

I just learned how to use slates in Photoshop Elements. I figured this out for Norma. It should be the same in Photoshop (I hope). Here's what I did:
For Elements: Use the magic wand tool to select all the slats. Make the photo layer the active layer. Copy. Then add a layer and Paste Into Selection. De-Select. Delete the slat layer. Now you can add an effect/drop shadow to the slats of your photo. Now, decorate your page.

* You can download my slats HERE.

Here's my result:

Last edited:

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for hosting this challenge DeLoris. Using the slats will be fun. 🧡

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
well now ~ this should tax my brain, for sure LOL ~ great that you're feeling well enough to host and qite an interesting challenge

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
I succeeded DeLoris and it was a great idea ... glad to see you feeling better

TruusF

full

Thanks for this challenge DeLoris.
I used one of your slats and a cluster by Emeto.
The photo is my own

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - December
full

Thanks for this challenge DeLoris.
I used one of your slats and a cluster by Emeto.
The photo is my own
Really pretty page! I love your photo and the use of one of the slats! Your cluster is perfect too! Great Job and thank you for playing in the challenge! :-62 :-62