CHALLENGES November Build A Turkey Challenge

Bubby

Here is mine for Build a Turkey challenge, here in AUS we don't have Thanks Giving, but I got to thinking of my Dad and the idea was born. You see I grew up in a family that didn't each Turkey or Chicken at any time, except once on Xmas Day my Mum really stood her ground on that one. I never understood why my Dad would not eat it as he had never even tried it. I eventually asked Mum, her reply was your Father saw one killed and that was the end of that. He was so handy with cars and all sorts of things in the garage, but country living was not in his comfort zone. Also I am an avid reader and watcher of the Little House on the Prairie, and one of the girls had a turkey as a pet, so hence this rather crazy layout, even this started out as one thing and ended up something entirely different, I had so much fun so thank you for the challenge. I started with papers from Together Again - Cindy Ritter - blended with papers from Bricolage Bundles - Jen Maddocks - plus overlay - my stash - some elements are from Jen Maddocks also - and a couple from Woodland Magic - HSA - Turkey - Printbulls - other photos - Pixabay - fonts Abril Fatface - Adoria Demo - Deciso.

Attachments

• BUILD--A-TURKEY-CHALLENGE---.jpg
    BUILD--A-TURKEY-CHALLENGE---.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 4

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - December
Here is mine for Build a Turkey challenge, here in AUS we don't have Thanks Giving, but I got to thinking of my Dad and the idea was born. You see I grew up in a family that didn't each Turkey or Chicken at any time, except once on Xmas Day my Mum really stood her ground on that one. I never understood why my Dad would not eat it as he had never even tried it. I eventually asked Mum, her reply was your Father saw one killed and that was the end of that. He was so handy with cars and all sorts of things in the garage, but country living was not in his comfort zone. Also I am an avid reader and watcher of the Little House on the Prairie, and one of the girls had a turkey as a pet, so hence this rather crazy layout, even this started out as one thing and ended up something entirely different, I had so much fun so thank you for the challenge. I started with papers from Together Again - Cindy Ritter - blended with papers from Bricolage Bundles - Jen Maddocks - plus overlay - my stash - some elements are from Jen Maddocks also - and a couple from Woodland Magic - HSA - Turkey - Printbulls - other photos - Pixabay - fonts Abril Fatface - Adoria Demo - Deciso.
I love your story about your dad and The Little House OTP! Your page is so sweet with the little girl and the Turkey asking if she wanted a pet. That's tooo cute! The 3 photos add interest and I love your cluster! Thank you for joining in the challenge! 🦃 JA6 🦃

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - December
Awww - I love this! Your clusters are beautiful! I love the statements the turkey is making. That was a cute idea to make the turkey template into an element to include in your cluster. Your background stripes and brushwork are a great addition to your page! This has to go to GSO! It is one amazing page! Congratulations on GSO and thank you for playing in the challenge! 🦃🦃🦃