November Photography Challenge

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Nov-fotografie-uitdaging-web.jpg
Hi and welcome to a new challenge! (and sorry I'm a day late!!) :-l

Can you believe it's already November?

If you know me a little bit, you know that I don't use a lot of personal photos in layouts that I show here (or anywhere else on the "web" ).
But sometimes you have to go back to basics and remember why you started digital scrapbooking in the first place.
Sure, because it is a lot of fun, but also: to tell stories! Do you remember when....oh, and then this happened,...etcetera..

So, this month I would like you to show me a personal layout of an important (or not so important) moment in your life that you absolutely don't want to forget, or that you want to preserve for future generations.

My story:
Last week we had a Fall Break, so we decided to go to the park and enjoy all the Fall colors. Now that my teens are getting bigger and bigger they don't want to go with us all the time (...or should I say "Please can I stay home....." :-N), so it's getting more and more difficult to preserve those moments. I made this photo with another photo in mind, that I took 5 years ago to show how much they have grown.

This is the page from my 2013 album:

As always: the most important thing is to have FUN!!

Thank you so much for watching and I can't wait to see your pages!!

Sonja :-i

JanD

Premier Senior Member
You may need a magnifying glass to read the text, but suffice is to say that in 2004 I ran my first ever 5K running race and lived to tell the tale! Thanks for a fun challenge this month, Sonja!

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
What a beautiful page, Anita! I love the framing!! And you should be so proud of the "Gang", they look wonderful!
Thank you so much for participating!

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
What a wonderful story, Rosie! This really is a moment to treasure! Love the framing and the gorgeous photo effect in the background!
Thank you so much for participating!!

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
What an awesome page, Jan! You should be so proud of yourselves!! I love the action in the page by the big arrow and what a great photo!

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Thank you Evelyn! And I agree, wonderful pages already!! This is what it's all about!!

JanD

Premier Senior Member
I love "love". Aren't we lucky and grateful? Your background is perfect with the colors and textures, Yvonne. And the circle photo of you both drew me in. XOXO

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Thank you Sonja for the challenge. Photos of my Daughters wedding with my Granddaughters as bridesmaids.

Yvonne55

Thank you for your nice comment. It is not a circle photo, it is us photographed in a mirror hanging on this barn.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
I am enjoying this challenge so much, I thought I would do another one. I hope that is OK. xxx

I am not the most photogenic person in the world, but this was not helped by that hat. It looks like a pile of pancakes slapped on my head. I had promised my husband and parents I would get a photo taken for my PhD ceremony, so I did. I then promptly got changed and went to the pub rather than the ceremony.

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
This is very beautiful Yvonne!! Love the background paper with the squares and the gorgeous shadowing on your photo! And the photo is amazing; a mirror on a barn!

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
LOVE!! What a beautiful effect on the photo! Gorgeous addition of the cluster and the little photo! They look beyond happy! This must be a beautiful keepsake!

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
What a beautiful page, Orkan! love the colors and the beautiful ripped photos! The little boy has turned into a handsome young man! You must be so proud!!