November Progressive (begins November 11) NOW!

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host
I'll be your host for this month's Progressive Scrap! :)

You will need 4 photos-1 large and 3 smaller ones or you could duplicate some if you choose.

I'm borrowing Kythe's words to describe the challenge!

What is a Progressive Scrap?
The best way I can describe this challenge is a blind recipe scrap. You will be given 1 step every day. (See the dates of new instructions listed above.) You never know what might be coming in the next stage. Oh, and once you have posted the LO step there is no going back to change things unless I am feeling particularly generous and say you can make changes. lol Please ask for clarification anytime you need it.
Rules:
- Claim a spot in this thread. Post all your pages in that one spot.
- Check the thread every day to find the new directions.
- Upload each completed stage to the gallery and link to this forum. Label your LO by the day number. (Progressive Day 1, Progressive day 2 etc. so that members can follow your progress.)
- Once you have uploaded your LO you may not change any part that has been placed on the page unless the directions say you are allowed. Once it is laid, it is played and stays where you put it. (Tucking elements in and around front and back is expected, but deleting or moving an item is a no-no).
- Add shadows at any stage but I would advise you to add them as you go. Shadows may be changed at any time.
- You may use any designer/kit or mix that you wish.

Posting dates are:
Sunday, November 11; Tuesday, November 13; Thursday, November 15; Saturday, November 17; and Monday, November 19

Step 1:
Begin your page by placing a background paper. Center another paper on top of it, decreasing the size by ½ inch on each side to create a mat.
Then, add a large round photo in the center of your page on top of the mat. The photo should cover 75-85% of your page. (For example, if your page is 12 inches x 12 inches, your circle would be 9 inches to 10 inches across.)

Step 2: Place lace or net on two opposite sides of your round photo, either on top of or under the photo and sticking out.
Add a 2-4 inch vertical strip of paper to the page, somewhere on top of the round photo.

Step 3:
Okay, Friends, I messed up on instructions for the last step! (I’m at Mom’s and there have been lots of distractions this week—some fun and others not fun at all.) The step should have said:
Add a 2-4 inch WIDE vertical strip of paper FROM THE TOP TO BOTTOM of the page, somewhere on top of the round photo.
The next step WAS this: Place 3 small photos on the strip, making sure each of them overlap one another in some way. That obviously won’t work with the small strips or tags you created based on the instructions I posted.

So...now you have 2 choices:
  1. Place 3 small photos somewhere on your page, making sure each of them overlap one another in some way (leaving your small strip from Step 2). Add a stroke/mat to frame each photo.
    OR
  2. Change your strip of paper from Step 2 to a 2-4 inch WIDE vertical strip of paper FROM THE TOP TO BOTTOM of the page, somewhere on top of the round photo. Then Place 3 small photos on the strip, making sure each of them overlap one another in some way. Add a stroke/mat to frame each photo.
I apologize for the confusion and appreciate your patience with me. I will comment on your images soon.

It's Saturday somewhere, so Step 4:
Add a cluster of elements (at least 3 but as many as you choose) at the bottom of your small photos. Add another cluster at the top of the large photo.

Posting early as I won't be on the computer tomorrow morning!
Step 5:
Place a single element somewhere on the mat on the page. Add a title to your page and any shadows you haven’t previously added. If you haven’t already done so, add a frame or stroke around the large round photo from step 1. You may move or delete ONE thing on your page (if you wish).

*Be sure your photos are credited in the gallery, please!

Post your steps to the Progressive Scrap Gallery and link to your spot in this thread.

Thank you for participating in this Progressive Scrap! Looking forward to seeing your final pages!

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host
Thank you Kim for hosting the challenge. Looking froward to it. xxxxx

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host
it's sure to be interesting, Kim ... thank you for hosting this month
I had the hardest time deciding on an image!

day 5 ... THANK YOU KIM

Title and 1 more element

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/progressive-scrap-challenge/p49840-d5novps.html

day 4 ...
Clusters

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/progressive-scrap-challenge/p49839-d4novps.html

day 3 ... changed the paper strip, added 3 photos and blue strokes (don't even worry about the mix-up ... I'm happy cuz I didn't like that little strip and I'm so sorry about your mom's dog)

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...8-d3novps.html

day 2

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...7-d2novps.html

day 1

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...1-d1novps.html

Last edited:

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host
Kim, looking forward to the progressive scrap! It's wonderful that you'll let us know later this week how many photos we need--I appreciate that.

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host
I'm glad to see so many plan to participate.

I've updated the first post in this thread. :)

Looking forward this month's progressive!

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host
Looking forward to the scrap it self, panicking slightly at the thought of so many photos... should be interesting..

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host
Step 1: Begin your page by placing a background paper. Center another paper on top of it, decreasing the size by ½ inch on each side to create a mat.
Then, add a large round photo in the center of your page on top of the mat. The photo should cover 75-85% of your page. (For example, if your page is 12 inches x 12 inches, your circle would be 9 inches to 10 inches across.)

Post your step 1 to the Progressive Scrap Gallery and link to your spot in this thread.