CHALLENGES November Progressive Challenge.

Hello. One of the things I love most about digital scrapbooking is telling stories. Giving those memories some life. So for my first progressive scrap here at Just Art, I'd like to invite you to tell a story with me over the next few days.

Step 1
• Put your photo/image on the page (we'll position it later) and crop it.
• Mat and layer the photo twice with solid papers (two mats under the image each a little larger than the one above). Choose two colours from your photo in the mats.
• Write your story/journaling onto a tag or journal card.
(Feel free to hide names or locations from your web-version if you wish.)
• Place your page in the temporary progressive gallery, also show it here in this post.
Part1.jpg

Step 2
• Choose a patterned paper that themes with your story. Crop it so that it is full page width, and approx 1/4 of the page height.
• Imagine a thirds grid and centre the paper on the top thirds line. Move the paper layer to underneath the matted photo
• Centre the matted photo to that paper.
• Tuck the tag/journal card under the matted photo, but on top of the patterned paper.
• Place your page in the temporary progressive gallery, also show it here in this post.
Part2.jpg

Step 3
• Use the same paper as your lowest photo mat as the background layer.
• Crop or resize a paper with a small or delicate pattern so that it is approx 3/4 inch smaller than your page size. Centre it directly on top of the background paper.
• Add paint, scatters and or string on top of this second paper in the area below and to the right of the photo
Part3.jpg

Step 4
• Add a themed element to the bottom right of the photo
• Add a title or wordart to the left of the photo
• Add the date to the right of the photo.
Part4.jpg

Final Step
• Add at least 5 different embellishments anywhere on your page
• Create your shadows
• Rearrange or move things if needed.
(I moved the focal part of my layout upwards and left a bit to improve the balance)
• Place your completed page in the Progressive Scrap Gallery, also show it here in this post.

Last edited:

TruusF

full

Here is my part 1.
Tag: Raspberry Road - autumn vibes
Picture is my own.
2017, French Guyana. At the market I saw this young man sitting in a corner, and couldn't resist taking his picture