November Progressive Scrap

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
NOTE: It's never too late to join the challenge! Just complete the steps one at a time (try not to peek to see what is coming next) and post your progress in the gallery and in this thread.

I'll be your hostess for the November Progressive Scrap. I'll list the steps on Sunday, November 8, Tuesday the 10th, Thursday the 12th, Saturday the 14th, and Monday the 16th.

Post your progress here in the gallery and also in this thread when you complete each step. I created a page and then used it to write my instructions, but I'll wait and post it the last day.

It's not Sunday here in Tennessee where I am, but it is for many of our members so I decided to go ahead and post the first step.

Are you ready? ;):) LET'S GO!

Step 1: Choose at least 4 papers, one being a solid color. You may add extras if you wish. Use the solid paper as your background. Choose another paper and cover about 1/3 of the background. You will cut the other papers into strips to use later.

To prepare for Step 2: Choose 4 photos. You’ll get instructions on what to do with them on Tuesday. :)

Step 2: Choose 1 of your photos and blend it into the solid color paper. You can use a mask, blend mode, or any other method to do this. Cut the other 3 photos into at least 2 different shapes. (For example, I made 2 squares and a circle.) Place these on the paper that covers about 1/3 of your background (from Step 1).

Step 3: Frame your photos from Step 2 with at least 2 different frames. Place at least 2 paper strips (using the papers you didn't use in Step 1) on your page. Then add a cluster of at least 3 elements (but you may use as many as you wish) on or near the paper strips. AT LEAST 1 of the elements in your cluster must be something other than a flower.

Step 4: It's the weekend, so today will be simple. Add some stitching to your layout. Also, use at least 1 brush somewhere on the page. (You may use more if you wish.)
Step 5: Add a title and/or journaling. You may add 2 more elements to the page (if you wish). If there is something you aren’t pleased with on your layout, you may move 1 thing. If you do this, let us know what you changed when you post your final page.

This is the page I created and then wrote the instructions for you to follow:

Thank you for participating, it's been a lot of fun. And I'm amazed at all of the creativity and how different the pages all look with the same instructions!

Last edited:

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Here's my day 1, and for the first time ever in a progressive scrap, I've actually got a plan! Whether that happens or not is another thing! I like the advance notice of the photos. I'm not very good at multi-photo pages, so this will be a challenge for me in more ways than one.

Looking forward to day 2 now.

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Beautiful, Robyn! I hope my next steps work with your plan. :)

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Looking forward to seeing the start to your page, Sue!

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
Funny, had it all done and then realized the ratios weren't right so went back and changed it ... I think I like it better this way anyway :)

Robyn

Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Come on ladies..............we need some more scrappers here!! I promise you, this if FUN!!

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
Sorry, I've been down with an ear infection. I will get mine started tonight. I love the PS!

Robyn

Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Thanks Sherry. Sorry to hear you have an ear infection, they can be very nasty!

Robyn

Staff member
Challenge Host - July
I like your new linked siggie Sue!

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
I'm feeling much better today (and I can hear!) I never have ear infections so this one just came out of nowhere. I woke up with it Friday morning; went straight to the doctor for a shot and some antibiotic. Thank goodness that seems to be doing the trick!

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Great start, Lella, love the curled edge.