November Quote Challenge

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
MermaidHasNoTears-NovQuote-Web.jpg

Hans Christian Andersen was a Danish author. Although a prolific writer of plays, travelogues, novels and poems, Andersen is best remembered for his fairy tales. (Wikipedia)

Some of his most famous fairy tales include:
The Emperor’s New Clothes
The Little Mermaid
The Nightingale
The Snow Queen
The Ugly Duckling
The Little Match Girl
Thumbelina
and many others (Wikipedia)

This month’s theme is fairy tales by Hans Christian Andersen. You may use the name of the fairy tale or a quote from the fairy tale OR create your own fairy tale page!

For inspiration on creating a fairy tale page:
Our 12 Favorite Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
https://theculturetrip.com/europe/de...tian-andersen/
Disney Wiki
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Hans_Christian_Andersen

REMINDER: Just Art Gallery Guidelines
Use of copyrighted images is prohibited. All images (personal or from the internet) must be credited.

Here are a few quotes by Hans Christian Andersen:

Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.

Every man’s life is a fairy-tale written by God’s fingers.

Everything you look at can become a fairy tale and you can get a story from everything you touch

My life is a lovely story, happy and full of incident.

Where words fail, music speaks.

Autumn came, and the leaves in the forest turned to orange and gold. Then, as winter approached, the wind caught them as they fell.

The whole world is a series of miracles…but we’re so used to them we call them ordinary things.

Just living is not enough…one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

To travel is to live.

To be of use to the world is the only way to be happy.

But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more.

Please upload your page to the Monthly Challenges gallery and post a link back to this thread.

Here is a page I made using the quote: But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more. Hans Christian Andersen

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Thank you Grace for hosting this challenge. What a wonderful choice! My childhood consisted of reading Hans Christian Anderson's fairy tales many times over. They were among my favourite books. I particularly loved The Emperor's New Clothes and I think the moral of the story still very much applies to today's world. The Little Mermaid always made me cry.

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
I too grew up with and love Hans Christian Anderson, thank you Grace for another lovely Quote Challenge......beautiful mermaid LO!

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Great choices, Grace, thank you for the challenge!

JanD

Premier Senior Member
Such a perfect challenge this month...........I see MANY pages from the members! Thanks Grace for the great Quote Challenge! xo

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Wendy, The Ugly Duckling is beautifully illustrated on your gorgeous page--love the beautiful masking and images and quote. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Barb, beautiful colors and beautiful images and wonderful quote on your gorgeous Snow Queen page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Mary, beautiful blending and beautiful masking and images and wonderful quote on your gorgeous page--love the magical page! Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Rosie, beautiful masking/framing/OOB and beautiful photo treatment and image and wonderful wordart quote on your gorgeous page--love the beautiful mermaid scene. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

orkan

Esteemed Senior Member
Just living is not enough…one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.
Regina Falango_bewild - image Pixabay

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Anita, congrats on the well-deserved GSO for your fabulous page! Love the beautiful photo treatment of the home and the adorable couple and the wonderful quote on your gorgeous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Vivi, beautiful photos to illustrate the wonderful quote and beautiful background on your gorgeous page! Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.