November Quote Challenge

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Quote Challenge for November – Oprah Winfrey

Oprah Winfrey is an American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer and philanthropist. Oprah is best known for her talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show (Wikipedia).

You can do your own search for quotes or use one of the following inspirational quotes from Oprah:

Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never ever have enough.

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Be more splendid, more extraordinary. Use every moment to fill yourself up.

The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.

Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know for sure.

Living in the moment brings you a sense of reverence for all of life’s blessings.

Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.

Shine within you so that it can shine on someone else. Let your life shine.

Please upload your page to the Monthly Challenges gallery and post a link back in this thread.

I am looking forward to seeing your pages.

Here is a page I made using the “Be thankful for what you have” quote.

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
This looks excellent Grace. Thank you for being the first cab off the rank for the November challenges.

:-10

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
Beautiful layout Grace .... great challenge. I loved Oprah's show and have a little really nice story ... there were several of us from all over the world who got to know each other pretty well over about a year on her chat groups but we wanted more so we created our own Yahoo group which is still there although none of us actually uses it anymore ... 3 of us are now FB friends and share everything together, sending cards and emails and photos of our grandkids etc ... We have been cyber friends for over 15 years. I even created an html recipe book for us with our history in it. That show started it all.

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
Grace - great idea - after all those years on the air, I'm betting Oprah has covered every conceivable subject. LOL

Your layout is so artistic. What a great start to the challenge.

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
Here's mine - thanks for hosting this challenge, Grace

Photo is from Pixabay - Used Robyn's Template #1 - kept the colors, but the elements have been moved around.

taking in the wonderous view would've been enough for me, but this guy needed to climb the gorge -Yikes

Last edited:

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Trying to be artsy, really out of my comfort zone. But lots of fun!

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
Kim - I think your layout is very cool. A lot of her quotes lend themselves to this very artistic type of page.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Sue, thanks for sharing your story. I loved Oprah's show when she was on ABC but have not watched her on her own network.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Janice, he is a daring climber and perfect for the wonderful Oprah quote. Thank you for participating in this month's Quote Challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Kim, love your gorgeous artsy page and the wonderful quote and the words on the art doll. Thank you for participating in this month's quote challenge.

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Grace, this challenge looks like it will be really fun and a learning experience too. Thank you for hosting it. I will be teaching a new class near the end of the month, so I need to get my scrap things done early.

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Thank you, Janice, Grace, and Elaina. I think the artsy style is something I'm going to have to just do to get more comfortable with it. I've always been the type of person who needs a pattern!

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
So ... I had a page for this challenge ... and then realized I completed it on a photo page rather than a 12.x 12 page lol ... thought of posting it anyway but I think I'll change it ... silly me, not paying attention :-g

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
I like your use of reflection - the subtlety of the reflection is so much better than if you had merely duplicated the page. So pretty.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Sue, love the beautiful photo and its reflection to illustrate the quote.
Thank you for participating in this month's quote challenge.