• by ScrapaholicSherry

by Sue C

by Lindsay

by Migueline

October Progressive

Lididee

Sorry, I'm totally confused with the last step. I'm thinking it's simply because I don't have enough experience. But that's fine, I learned how to make a mask so definitely a huge gain there for me! Thanks for the challenge, Vivi. Even though I didn't finish, I still had fun :)

Last edited:

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Challenge Host - October
Sorry, I'm totally confused with the last step. I'm thinking it's simply because I don't have enough experience. But that's fine, I learned how to make a mask so definitely a huge gain there for me! Thanks for the challenge, Vivi. Even though I didn't finish, I still had fun :)
So happy you had fun . Sorry you are having trouble. But it is ok if you just do the 3 flowers as markers for your elements..... you do not have to do the edge overlay if you do not want to ...( it is done the same way as the mask, just with an empty space in the middle , if that helps you at all ?? ) Also the challenge is not over yet ! Last part is on Monday. I can see from your intro that you are using Photoshop elements, I will make a screen shot of the edge overlay and put it in the gallery, and on Monday I will do screenshots for both Elements and Craft Artist. If that doesn't help please tell me what the problem is specifically , and I will do my best to help.
The reason that I only did tutorials for CraftArtist, is that that program is not "Template friendly", The templates sold commercially you can not use in it, and many users never go near attempting to make one. And I like a challenge LOL .
But please always ask if you are stuck. Here everyone are happy to help if they can.

LINK to print screen
Link to singe overlay

Last edited:

Lididee

So happy you had fun . Sorry you are having trouble. But it is ok if you just do the 3 flowers as markers for your elements..... you do not have to do the edge overlay if you do not want to ...( it is done the same way as the mask, just with an empty space in the middle , if that helps you at all ?? ) Also the challenge is not over yet ! Last part is on Monday. I can see from your intro that you are using Photoshop elements, I will make a screen shot of the edge overlay and put it in the gallery, and on Monday I will do screenshots for both Elements and Craft Artist. If that doesn't help please tell me what the problem is specifically , and I will do my best to help.
The reason that I only did tutorials for CraftArtist, is that that program is not "Template friendly", The templates sold commercially you can not use in it, and many users never go near attempting to make one. And I like a challenge LOL .
But please always ask if you are stuck. Here everyone are happy to help if they can.

LINK to print screen
Link to singe overlay
Oh, Vivi you just made my day with the instructions you included! Thank you SO MUCH, you're the best!!!JA5JA6

orkan

Esteemed Senior Member

Je travaille avec paint shop pro, donc les explications (traduites en plus) ne me sont pas toujours évidentes. J'espère toujours ne pas vous décevoir!

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Challenge Host - October
DAY 5 Instructions , my post got to long for the first post
Link to drop box
Oh at long last, Sorry for the delay, But here we are our last day of a progressive that I will say I have enjoyed very much. So thank you all for taking part.
The link to the dropbox is for a tutorial on an easy way to clip things both in CraftArtist and in PSE.
PSE. If you already know how, or have a different way of doing things, then just ignore it. And if you are stuck please let me know, and I will help.

So for day 5 Use your Template, and post the finished page in the gallery. ( the Progressive one not the temporary ) Easy.... use it just as it is, do not alter where the different things are. Reminder that the edge overlay will change to whatever paper you have under it ,so unless you hate it, don't alter it....

Clip paper, or photos to everything, alter your title, and write on the journaling note. Delete the small flowers when you have put elements on top. Apply Shadow's where you think they should be. (select the shape ,not the paper when applying shadows in pse) Save as progressive October 1 ( do NOT save as "my template " ) then save for web and post.

That is the " official " End of the challenge.... BUT I would LOVE if you make another page where you have moved things around , resized , deleted something ,added something ,what ever you like , as long as the we can see it is the same template that formed the base for it..... Have some fun with it. And if you do then save as progressive October 2 and put that in the permanent gallery too.

This is the my page 1 for CA 1 for PSE, I will be working on my Altered one this afternoon.

Thanks again, Have a ball !!

Last edited: