• The what, where and when INFORMATION about our end of year Celebration kit.  See HERE.

October Quote Challenge

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - December
LookFabulous-OctQuote-Web.jpg

Quote Challenge October 2018 – Andy Warhol

Andy Warhol born Andrew Warhola; August 6, 1928 – February 22, 1987) was an American artist, director and producer who was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art. (Wikipedia) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Warhol

Andy Warhol was the most successful and highly paid commercial illustrator in New York even before he began to make art destined for galleries. Nevertheless, his screenprinted images of Marilyn Monroe, soup cans, and sensational newspaper stories, quickly became synonymous with Pop art. (The Art Story - Artists Andy Warhol) https://www.theartstory.org/artist-warhol-andy.htm

You may create a pop art page and/or use a quote by Andy Warhol.

See December 2016 Just Art Challenge by jilbert on using gradients to create an Andy Worhol style portrait with different gradient colors.
https://forum.justartscrapbooking.com...-art-challenge
The link to jilbert’s gradient download is not active and you will receive an error message that Dropbox cannot find the page. The link to the YouTube video is active and you can watch the video.

You may use your favorite quote or use one of the following quotes by Andy Warhol.

Pop art is a way of liking things.

There is beauty in everything, just not everybody sees it.

I’ve never met a person I couldn’t call a beauty.

If you can convince yourself that you look fabulous, you can save yourself the trouble of primping.

You need to let the little things that would ordinarily bore you suddenly thrill you.

Everyone needs a fantasy.

I always notice flowers.

I think everybody should be nice to everybody.

People should fall in love with their eyes closed.

A picture means I know where I was every minute. That’s why I take pictures. It’s a visual diary.

The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do

Don’t think about making art, just get it done

Please upload your page to the Monthly Challenges gallery and post a link back to this thread.

Here is a page I made using one of the color schemes of the iconic Marilyn Monroe series by Andy Warhol.
Quote: If you can convince yourself that you look fabulous, you can save yourself the trouble of primping.
Andy Warhol

Last edited:

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Thank you Grace for hosting this challenge, and as always, so meticulously researched!

:-42

SonjaS

Premier Senior Member
I really really really LOVE this, Grace! I love pop art! I hope I can find some time to participate!!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Sonja, I'm glad that you love pop art and I hope you find the time to participate.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Mary, fabulous pop art page with the striking colors and shapes and fascinating face and quote. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge. Congrats on the GSO!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Rosie, the wonderful quote is beautifully illustrated with the beautiful photo treatment and your gorgeous paintings on your fabulous pop art page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge. Congrats on the GSO.

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Thank you so much Grace.xxx

Thank you Jan for the lovely comment.xxx

Last edited:

JanD

Premier Senior Member
Grace, this was a CHALLENGE! My brain hurts! haaaaaaaaa Hope it meets the criteria for you! Images of shoes are from my stash (took them in Santa Fe yrs ago) and the background is from Dutch Dreams. The manipulation was using Gradient and Poster Edges. Whew!

JanD

Premier Senior Member
Poppy, I really love all the layers you used, and the POPPY page you created! Brilliant! CONGRATS on you GSO..........well deserved. xo

JanD

Premier Senior Member
We used the same quote but produced such different pages. That's what I love about a challenge! Great page, Rosie........you captured the quote and theme perfectly!

JanD

Premier Senior Member
Oh, Barb.........this is SO creative! I'm totally impressed with the work that went into this page. Stunning and fun!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Barb, your granddaughter is beautiful and love the gorgeous photo treatment and effects and bright colors and the wonderful quote on your fabulous pop art page! Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge. Congrats on the GSO.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Yobeth, love the gorgeous eyes and the wonderful quote on the beautiful halftones background on your fabulous pop art page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Jan, the work on your page is fantastic and I'm glad that you participated.
Love the beautiful photo treatment and gorgeous colors and wonderful quote on your fabulous pop art page! Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge. Congrats on the GSO.