Opinions Please - regarding Challenges

Does my following post sound like something you may enjoy?

• Yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Maybe - I'd, first, like to see what the first one looks like.

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

Rose Thorn

I've never hosted a challenge before, but would like to try, I'm working on formulating a sort of heritage-themed. Years ago I started completing a number of challenges that were created to help one put together a book about themselves but, unfortunately, the site closed before we got even halfway through. I'd very much like to finish "my story" so, I thought I could manage that by bringing it here in the way of challenges. I know that not everyone has photos of themselves or their family but I think it could still be created with a little imagination and, perhaps a lot of journal writing (jotting down your memories) & maybe a bunch of Googling.

Before I invest too much time putting this together, I wanted to determine if this was of interest here or not.

Please share your opinions.

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
This is an excellent idea. Even those who do not have many childhood photos, can make a wonderful page using stock photos of similar events and your personal memories via journaling.

Having a theme sparks your imagination to create a memory page to fit the category. Soon you will have an entire book of your life.

And remember the most important facet - include the date of the photo - priceless when your kids are looking through your layouts.

When this was a large part of other sites I was on, it worked so well for me. I cherish those pages and it's all thanks to the work of hosts creating themes to spark my imagination.

Although the artwork on this site, using stock photos instead of personal photos, is fantastic, I would love to see more pages here that are personal memories and more traditionally created. This idea would accomplish that.

Last edited:

Rose Thorn

Thanks for your support ladies. I've added another voting option to the poll, I'm sorry for having not fully thought it out before. :oops:

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Ooh this is right up my street - I love anything to do with the past especially family and to have a way to record everything like you're suggesting sounds great......I definitely would be up for it :-62 :-62

Rose Thorn

Ooh this is right up my street - I love anything to do with the past especially family and to have a way to record everything like you're suggesting sounds great......I definitely would be up for it :-62 :-62
So happy you left this message, I was beginning to think that maybe, this site, was not the place for this type of scrapping. As things stand right now, the vote is 50/50 from a total of 6 people. I guess I'll have to make a decision at the end of the week as to whether or not the number of yes votes is enough to host the challenge. :unsure:

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
So happy you left this message, I was beginning to think that maybe, this site, was not the place for this type of scrapping. As things stand right now, the vote is 50/50 from a total of 6 people. I guess I'll have to make a decision at the end of the week as to whether or not the number of yes votes is enough to host the challenge. :unsure:
I'm sure people will join in, you can only try can't you xx

janedee

I remember doing Flashback Friday at another site and loved those challenges. Sometimes they took some time to think over and more time to journal, but they have become some of my favourite pages about my childhood. I would have never scrapped those memories if not for those challenges.

PAL

I have lots of family pictures going back several generations. I'd like to take part if you set it up, just give clear directions about what you want as I'm new to this blog.

biche57

heuuu I don't know ..... the translation of your proposal by google translator is really not terrible .... I think I didn't understand everything, but the challenges .... I love it ... so yessss

WendyP

Premier Senior Member
I’ve already made several Heritage pages with photos of my ancestors several years ago, so I don’t think I really want to do them all again. Good idea for those who haven’t done any.

Anntaurus

Colour Junkie
Thank you that sounds interesting - I love scrapping old pics and memories of times/places but I absolutely hate a lot of journalling on a page. I use the odd sentence/quote that would be meaningful so would join in with the challenge as long as a journalling stipulation doesn't knock me out of it.