Outside The Box?

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
Outside The Box Challenge? More details to come, must get this written out.
In the meantime, here are the template images In JPG format for you to look @:

Inside The Box Template

Outside The Box Template

I'll be back to update this template challenge!!

Though my dad was an English Major, I'm wasn't raised with Eloquent words.
Though my Dad had an IQ of a 161, I do not claim such intelligence.
Which brings me to describing my theme behind this Challenge:

I'm not the brightest light bulb in the bunch.
Though, my friends with the creative things I do have thought so.

Which brings me to Albert Einstein.
You might say how is that?
In his growing up years his family & the school that he attended didn't think he was very smart & wasn't very well liked.

All I knew was he was smart, & had no idea of his growing up years & his young adult years.
He wasn't known until later in life.
Here are some interesting video's regarding him below:
How Albert Einstein's Brain Worked Video Will Blow Your Mind!!

ALBERT EINSTEIN - Pure Genius - Amazing Documentary - amazing people

Those of us who've been misunderstood through school would use:
"Outside the Box T2."

Those of us who excelled in School/Education would use the:
"Inside the Box T1."

Rules/Suggestions:
Now if you'd rather not add pictures of yourself in this,
you can reveal yourself through the Template you choose
& through the pictures you choose.

Maybe you are more creative, then you are smart: lets see the kind of person you are.
Or maybe you are more smart then creative: lets see it in the layout.

I'm not great with making elements, so be sure to get creative with whatever digital scrap kit you use.
The photo's must be used as is, except the template may be turned to up & down position, or side by side position.

Be sure to write some story, in the Photo Description:
Not needed to add it in the layout.
The center of the template can be resized.

Title can be applied on the digital scrap page, however best if added when applying the Digital Scrap Layout.

I hope I've made myself clear & have expressed myself appropriately.

The main thing is to have fun with & Enjoy!!

Prize to be given afterwards.
Picture to be seen soon!!

Just to give you an idea of what I did with one of these Templates:

Last edited:

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
When I try to download, it appears that both downloads are for the inside the box template.

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
It's been updated now: It should work. It 4 sure is a unique Template: I look forward to what everyone does with it.

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
Oh how true this is !! .... Do not throw yourself out of the box because your IQ doesn't seem as high as some others ... I had issues all through public school and failed a grade ... highschool was better but my marks didn't go with my "high IQ" and they'd bring me in and ask me why .. didn't know .... later I realized the high IQ was because I understood the questions and logic/math problems have always been a favourite, especially math word problems so of course I was able to answer most of the questions correctly. I still cannot memorize well mainly because I have a short memory issue and my brain doesn't work as fast as most which meant snap quizzes were and always will be horrible to me ... can't do them. I went back to school at 50 and aced biology, pharmacy math and labs .. A's all of them. School systems by their nature are not set up for individual learning ... I've tutored and learned the differences in how people learn and the reasons why etc ... if you are smart in one area then I'm thinking you are smart in another. I think we run the things said to us as children through our heads each and every day :) :-9great challenge by the way.

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
Unfortunately, the school system, wasn't set up way back in my day for the creative thinking/visual learners. I do not get down on myself for it, I think if my parents understood, they'd actually be happy. I know that my mother knew more later on in my life, though my dad died early in the Vietnam war & never knew/understood. My mother made a statement, once & I wish I really took it to heart. She said I'd be good with Physic's (in my high school years). I wanted to become an Architect in High School & drooled over that class for the longest time, however with my math problems, I believed it was a hurdle I couldn't get over. I should of found out how I could of jumped that hurdle, however I will never know. I enjoy thinking of it & love the Architecture buildings & love Art Nouveau.

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
I do not mind being different & outside the box, it is who I am & the Lord made me that way. It just makes me glad this world is not my home, for I'm just a sojourner here.

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
I do hope everyone takes advantage of this Template Challenge & I do have a wonderful scrap kit waiting: I just have to wrap it up & zip it & sent it to Media-Fire And post its preview.

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
I think I have various issues, which @ this time, leads me to believe I have Thyroid issues. I have a dr's appointment August 17th @ 9 am & then have to run some blood tests, etc.......: to get my health under control.

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
Thyroid issues ... I know that one big time and it can play havoc with your whole system because it involves the one organ that controls you hormones .. I had active Graves disease for 4 years and then issues with low levels for over a year ... my sympathies ..

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
Thx Sue. 4sure. I seem fine one day & then another day, not so fine. It 4sure has its up & down moments.

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host
when my kids were in school ... I read that a test score, taken multiple times in a 15 min time frame, can differ by 11 points

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host
OK ... my frazzled brain is lost ... is there a download link somewhere for these templates?

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
That is fine, we've all over looked something under our nose, I've been guilty of it myself: L.O.L.

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
I'm glad you like it. Be sure to check this thread to see what I did with one of the templates, in a digital scrap layout.

Oldenmeade

Thanks for this fascinating challenge! I was neither misunderstood nor terribly academic at school - just very average, so I chose the Inside the Box template. And this is how I represented myself ........... I wanted to disguise the geometric shapes of the template, but still use them all. So I chose a photo with geometric shapes and clipped multiple versions of it to the template pieces. Then I applied lots of blend modes (because that's a big part of what I love doing/who I am), and used shadows to make the original template pieces a bit more prominent again.