Photo Editing Software

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
I am searching for an easy to use photo editing software. I like to enhance color, reduce digital grain/noise, sharpen, apply filters, and apply creative effects to my photos. Would anyone like to share their favorite software and features?

I have Affinity Photo but I don't get on with it too well. My favourites are Topaz Studio and Topaz 2 xxxx

I use Photoshop Elements but there is a learning curve if you're new to the program. You can download a 30 day trial at Adobe to see if it's something you're interested in!

I also use Photoshop elements, I have used the full Photoshop in the past, but elements is enough for the things I do now. Also as you know used CraftArtist for many years. Elements is a learning curve as Kim said. Good news is many of the things you want to do has an automatic filter/action built in. For the price it is good.

I use affinity photo but am still learning how to use it properly. I like it better than photoshop though.

Thank you Vivi and Wendy. I am still learning Craft Artist. Does Affinity Photo have a learning curve?
Yes it does. I am not that impressed at the moment. I am sure it does a lot more than I can see but I don't have time to try and work it out. Topaz Studio 2, on the other hand, you can learn really quickly.

I’ve just taken advantage of the current Humble Software Bundle offer, where part of the sale proceeds goes to charity. If you choose to pay US$22.75 or more, PaintShop Pro 2020 Ultimate is included in the bundle; for US$25 or more you also unlock Corel Painter 2019, Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate and two brush packs.

At the time of writing, the offer is still available for more than (but not much more than!) 24 hours.

I’ve just taken advantage of the current Humble Software Bundle offer, where part of the sale proceeds goes to charity. If you choose to pay US$22.75 or more, PaintShop Pro 2020 Ultimate is included in the bundle; for US$25 or more you also unlock Corel Painter 2019, Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate and two brush packs.

At the time of writing, the offer is still available for more than (but not much more than!) 24 hours.

this sounds great - have you received it yet - are they full versions?

I haven’t got as far as investigating all the details, but I’ve heard from the person who shared the link with me that most of the items in the bundle, including Painter 2019 and PaintShop Pro Ultimate 2020, are perpetual licenses. Despite the date, Corel Painter 2019 isn’t the latest version: Painter 2020 has already been released.

Thank you Vivi and Wendy. I am still learning Craft Artist. Does Affinity Photo have a learning curve?
I downloaded a trial version of Affinity Photo (now expired) but my assessment was that if you are familiar with Photoshop, it's not too much of a learning curve. I didn't buy it (yet) as I was waiting for the bug to be fixed that prevented a user from loading Photoshop brushes. Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet?

I downloaded a trial version of Affinity Photo (now expired) but my assessment was that if you are familiar with Photoshop, it's not too much of a learning curve. I didn't buy it (yet) as I was waiting for the bug to be fixed that prevented a user from loading Photoshop brushes. Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet?
Lilias @Lillias in post 75 of the thread "whatever happened to .." says it is fixed, and somewhere else Rose writes about re installing her brushes but I can tot find the thread @Rosie

I purchased the bundle and have been trying out the various programs. I already have PSP 2020 and Painter Essentials 6 but the rest of the bundle has some great stuff. Lots of learning to do now!

I actually managed to install the Design Cuts brushes before the fix. I have only just installed the updated version of Affinity and everything seems fine. I was waiting to see what problems, if any, people were having.

By the way, Design Cuts have some wonderful offers at the moment. I just got a font bundle which is fantastic.

Back