Photo Editing Software

Alfred

I actually managed to install the Design Cuts brushes before the fix. I have only just installed the updated version of Affinity and everything seems fine. I was waiting to see what problems, if any, people were having.

By the way, Design Cuts have some wonderful offers at the moment. I just got a font bundle which is fantastic.
Design Cuts often has wonderful offers! Which fonts did you get, Rosie?

Alfred

I bought The Influential Font Lover's Library. It has 470 fonts for $29. Could not resist that!!!
I missed that one. :(

Laura Worthington’s Alisha font on its own is normally $29, and the two weights of her Hummingbird family each cost more than that.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - December
I missed that one. :(

Laura Worthington’s Alisha font on its own is normally $29, and the two weights of her Hummingbird family each cost more than that.
Sorry you missed it Alfred. I will keep my eye out for any others that they have.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Yes it does. I am not that impressed at the moment. I am sure it does a lot more than I can see but I don't have time to try and work it out. Topaz Studio 2, on the other hand, you can learn really quickly.
I have been watching videos of Topaz Studio 2 and I am in love with it. I am also looking at Luminar 4 when it comes out.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
I’ve just taken advantage of the current Humble Software Bundle offer, where part of the sale proceeds goes to charity. If you choose to pay US$22.75 or more, PaintShop Pro 2020 Ultimate is included in the bundle; for US$25 or more you also unlock Corel Painter 2019, Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate and two brush packs.

At the time of writing, the offer is still available for more than (but not much more than!) 24 hours.

Thanks Alfred. I will look into it.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
I have been watching videos of Topaz Studio 2 and I am in love with it. I am also looking at Luminar 4 when it comes out.
I have just purchased it. It seems to do so much I will have to look at lots of tutorials. Having said that, the basics are really easy to use. I was also able to bring my own presets that I made in Topaz 1 into Topaz 2.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
I am using the Affinity Photo trial right now. So far I do like it for digital scrapbooking. They have nice blending modes, though some did not seem to give much of an effect. I like how you hover over the blending mode and it shows the blend on the layout before you commit. Does anyone know where the background/foreground icon is, or what it is called in Affinity Photo? I could not find it while trying to use it with the eraser tool. Has anyone done any photo editing in this software yet? It does not look much different than PSE and Elements has the added feature of a photo organizer which I like. I am not sure that 10 days is enough time for me to really get used to this software.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
I just found an in depth photo editing tutorial for Affinity Photo if anyone wants to check it out. I am sorry Robyn if I was not supposed to upload this to the forum. I was just trying to enter the link. I can delete it if you want me to.

Last edited:

Alfred

I am using the Affinity Photo trial right now. So far I do like it for digital scrapbooking. They have nice blending modes, though some did not seem to give much of an effect. I like how you hover over the blending mode and it shows the blend on the layout before you commit. Does anyone know where the background/foreground icon is, or what it is called in Affinity Photo? I could not find it while trying to use it with the eraser tool. Has anyone done any photo editing in this software yet? It does not look much different than PSE and Elements has the added feature of a photo organizer which I like. I am not sure that 10 days is enough time for me to really get used to this software.
There are (circular) foreground/background swatches in the Colour panel, but I’m not sure why you would need these for use with the Eraser Tool. As for the 10-day trial, I agree that it does seem a little short; however, if you purchase from Serif’s own Affinity Store — rather than the Microsoft Store or the Mac App Store — there’s a 14-day money back guarantee.

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
I just found an in depth photo editing tutorial for Affinity Photo if anyone wants to check it out. I am sorry Robyn if I was not supposed to upload this to the forum. I was just trying to enter the link. I can delete it if you want me to.

That is absolutely okay Diane. I think this is a good program from what I can see with the trial version.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Robyn. I think it is a great program too. I am just so used to Photoshop that it is taking awhile to figure this program out. I am looking at Luminar 4 https://skylum.com/luminar-3 or Topaz Studio 2 https://topazlabs.com/studio/ for in depth photo editing, maybe both. These software are amazing utilizing artificial intelligence. It definitely shortens time editing photos.

Last edited:

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Affinity have loads of tutorial videos here

And there are several more on YouTube.
Thank you Wendy. I have been using Affinity Photo trial right now to edit my candid wedding photos I took just recently and it is doing an awesome job, especially with digital noise. I am pretty impressed!

Alfred

I’ve just taken advantage of the current Humble Software Bundle offer, where part of the sale proceeds goes to charity. If you choose to pay US$22.75 or more, PaintShop Pro 2020 Ultimate is included in the bundle; for US$25 or more you also unlock Corel Painter 2019, Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate and two brush packs.

At the time of writing, the offer is still available for more than (but not much more than!) 24 hours.

And it’s back again!
Second chances don’t happen often. Get Corel Painter® 2019 and more now!