Photopea

Rose Thorn

Challenge Host - August
I just discovered this free editing software (VERY similar to Adobe Photoshop). I've not played with it yet but intend to soon. Has anyone here ever used it? photopea.com

Any comments would be welcome.

• Wow
Reactions: Ev

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
......I just had a very quick look, and as you say, very similar to Photoshop.

Rose Thorn

Challenge Host - August
......I just had a very quick look, and as you say, very similar to Photoshop.
and, not sure how, it supposedly doesn't upload any images; it all works on your computer without any sort of installation & can be used when off line!

Last edited:

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
I pulled some elements across from my second monitor and dropped them in the document without any problems.

zanthia

Esteemed Senior Member
have heard of it but never made a lo using it - just uploaded a photo to see how it worked but never played with layers

Rose Thorn

Challenge Host - August
I finally had a chance to play with it a bit, I need to do more to determine if I like it or not but, so far, it appears to be running & processing well for me - It's not clogging up my RAM, nor crashing. :love:

If this continues, I may be back in business soon (then I'd have to profess my undying love for the developer). :-16

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
I finally had a chance to play with it a bit, I need to do more to determine if I like it or not but, so far, it appears to be running & processing well for me - It's not clogging up my RAM, nor crashing. :love:

If this continues, I may be back in business soon (then I'd have to profess my undying love for the developer). :-16
that would be awesome @Rose Thorn :-8

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - August
2022 Project 52 Challenge Host

Rose, I have not tried Photopea. It sounds good and hope you like Photopea and will be creating again.

zanthia

Esteemed Senior Member
just found this in my feed : free photopea lessons starts mar 1

Heidi and I are offering FREE digital scrapbooking classes and our next session starts TOMORROW. The classes take place in a private FB group where you work on each week's assignment at your own pace and just post your questions and assignments in the thread each week. We use Photopea software, which is FREE and is very similar to Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. If you have either of those programs, you should also be able to follow along with the video tutorials as well. If you are interested, you can join the FB group posted in the comments below.

Rose Thorn

Challenge Host - August

Heidi and I are offering FREE digital scrapbooking classes and our next session starts TOMORROW. The classes take place in a private FB group where you work on each week's assignment at your own pace and just post your questions and assignments in the thread each week. We use Photopea software, which is FREE and is very similar to Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. If you have either of those programs, you should also be able to follow along with the video tutorials as well. If you are interested, you can join the FB group posted in the comments below.

Thank you for the invite but, I don't DO FB; nice offer for others though. :)

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness

thanks Stacey

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
I saw the series of instructions and they're very basic and I would think everyone here is way past them ♥

faerywings

I just fooled around with a tiny bit-- I was able to load brushes and actions, text on a path, and use a layer mask.
I hope very much that my CS5 lasts for ever and ever but if not, this seems like it would be an awesome replacement. I never was able to get the hang of GIMP although my DH loves using that

Thank you soooo much for sharing @Rose Thorn

zanthia

Esteemed Senior Member
I just fooled around with a tiny bit-- I was able to load brushes and actions, text on a path, and use a layer mask.
I hope very much that my CS5 lasts for ever and ever but if not, this seems like it would be an awesome replacement. I never was able to get the hang of GIMP although my DH loves using that

Thank you soooo much for sharing @Rose Thorn

I may just have to try it as i can not afford full photoshop and odds are i will never upgrade my ancient PSE10 ( plus afriad it may not work with windows 11 if i ever get a new pc and current one is getting old)

tried gimp a long time ago and could not get the hang of it. Also have a 3 year old version of paint shop pro and am totally lost how to scrap with it.