Pick Your Palette June

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - September
June Pick Your Palette by Kythe

Pick your palette is a 2-part colour challenge using colours chosen by you!

You may use any product or combination of products you want but you must credit the designers and the photo even if it is a personal one.

Part 1

Open a small blank workspace. Choose your photo. (One works best.) Add your photo.

To make your palette

Place a thumbnail of the photo on your workspace.

From the photo, choose at least 3 colours but no more than 5.

Choose a shape using your shape picker and repeat for each colour you want to use. (Any simple shape works as it is only a reference.)

Place the shapes beside or under the photo.

Use your colour picker and fill each shape with one of the colours you have snagged from the photo.

Save this page as a reference. In part 2 you will be deleting the thumbnail photo and using just the palette.

Post your colour palette/photo page in the monthly gallery > sub gallery Pick Your Palette label your page June PYP1.

Come back to this thread and post your palette/photo page.

(To post your page in this forum, click edit> click the little camera. Select the page from the gallery that opens>scroll to the bottom and click continue for a fast easy way to post your page.)

Part 2

Open your pallet/photo page and crop out the photo. All you need is your palette to use as a reference. Keep it small.

Open a clean workspace. Add the photo in whatever size works.

Insert your palette. Tuck it in a corner to use as a reference
(You will delete this from the final page).

Create any type of layout with a focus on the colours you chose.

Delete the palette from your working page. Save the layout.

Place your finished layout in the monthly challenge gallery under the sub-gallery Pick Your Palette and label June PYP2

Come back to your original spot and add the finished layout underneath your palette.

(To post your page in this forum, click edit> click the little camera. Select the page from the gallery that opens>scroll to the bottom and click continue for a fast easy way to post your page.)

Here is my photo and palette. Photo from pixabay.

And my page:
Using:
16-02 OAWA: Mermaids and Natali Design: Positive

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Fabulous example page Karen........THANKS so much for hosting.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Karen, wonderful challenge and gorgeous example!

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Gorgeous page made from the photo and colour palette Karen Thank you for the challenge.xxx

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Oh this is fantastic Barb! Great colours and technique. I could never figure out the attraction to wearing ripped jeans though can you? lol

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Oh this is fantastic Barb! Great colours and technique. I could never figure out the attraction to wearing ripped jeans though can you? lol
Thank you Karen and agree about the ripped jeans, if I have the smallest hole in mine they are straight in the bin :rolleyes:

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Magnificent creatures! You have done a fine job choosing colours and finishing the piece! Thanks for joining us in the challenge.