Pop - Up Childhood

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Sunday_s_Child.jpg

Pop up Childhood.

This rhyme was first recorded in A. E. Bray's Traditions of Devonshire, UK (Volume II, pp. 287–288) in 1838.
"Monday's Child" is one of many fortune-telling songs, popular as nursery rhymes for children.
It is supposed to tell a child's character or future based on the day of birth and to help young children remember the seven days of the week.

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

Which child are you ?

The challenge is to create a page showing which day of the week you were born.

Last edited:

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Beautiful page Rosie and what a wonderful image, great OOB too. Hard work indeed taking care of poorly Teddies.
Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge xxxx

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
A lovely sweet face and beautifully masked. Great wordart and love the cute Bunny.
Thank you so much Anita for taking part in the challenge xxx

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Lovely page Orkan. Knew you it would have something to do with your love of birds and like the wordart.

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Super page Lillias and so nice to see that the saying isn't always true. Such a beautiful happy photo and love the wordart.

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
She doesn't look happy at all so great depiction of Wednesday's Child, Mary. So nice to see you scrapping again especially when you are not feeling too good. Thank you so very much for taking part in the challenge xxxxx

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Great page Evelyn, love the old magazine cover and that pretty mirror. Lovely blending of the red leaves.

JanD

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host
This sounds like FUN.......but give me a chance to go back into the ARCHIVES to find out the day I was born, oh so long ago! I'm "in", so will post later today!