POP UP INKED

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - August
Just to make August a bit more challenging , Here is a 2 part pop up challenge for you.
I have been watching Ink master on tv, and it struck me how similar many of the designs they use to Tattoo are similar to what we have in some of our kits. So out of that thought a challenge was born.
I freely admit that it was a lot harder than I thought it would be, to combine different elements, and make it look cohesive , ( and tattooable ) so on my example page I used very simple shapes, but I will be doing this challenge with you, so I will work on a more elaborate design. It is fun I promise (slightly evil laugh) The challenge is this;
Out of elements, shapes or your own drawing , create a design that you can imagine it is possible to tattoo on a person. In tattooing outline is key, so your design must have some sort of clear outline. It can be only line work, tribal , colour, it doesn't matter the style, but it must be clear, so do not use background shading, unless it is something that can be replicated with a tattoo machine.
Make 1 to 5 designs on your page,on a single solid coloured background. DO NOT FLATTEN
Disclaimer... I know mine has more than 5 images, it is an example, my actual page I will post later.
please post in the gallery under pop up challenges and here in this thread so I know it is there.
Part 2 of this challenge will be posted about 2 weeks from now here in this thread.
Have fun.

PART 2 Part 2 part 2
LINK
Here just under where it says part 2 you will find a link to a drop box folder. It is full of images, please choose 1 and tattoo it ! Make a page with your tattooed image . You can use one of the tattoos you made for the challenge, add to or subtract from it, make a whole new one , up to you , as long as you have fun.
The dropbox link will be active until Sep first. Please credit Pixabay and the photographer if mentioned in your credites
Enjoy !

Last edited:

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Ooohh! Interesting Vivi!!! 💚

Thank you for hosting yet another unique challenge. :)

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Vivi. This has given me a new appreciation for the folk that go to work for the tattoo shop just down the corner from me.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - August
Thank you so much Vivi for this fabulous challenge. I really enjoyed creating these and I can use them in my Gothic kit. xxx

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - August
@doglvr49 @Rosie @DeLoris thank you so much for being the brave pioneers... I know right -Kathy,tattooers are true artists, I love watching the programme,not so much for the competition, but Just to see how they interpret the subject they have to do.
Rosie,I am so happy you get to use these designs in your kit also, (I love 2fers).
DeLores, I can see your design on someone's arm..

DeLoris

@doglvr49 @Rosie @DeLoris thank you so much for being the brave pioneers... I know right -Kathy,tattooers are true artists, I love watching the programme,not so much for the competition, but Just to see how they interpret the subject they have to do.
Rosie,I am so happy you get to use these designs in your kit also, (I love 2fers).
Thank you so much!! :-36

Smikeel

This is a very unique challenge, and there are some very interesting pages so far. I have a confession to make - I have been sporting a few colorful tattoos of my own for over 20 years now. I was blessed to have an excellent artist do them, and they still look as good as the day I got them. I have no regrets.

Here are my samples.

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
Can't wait to find out what you have in store for us, Vivi

JanD

Premier Senior Member
I have 5 Tattoo's........they are gorgeous pieces of art of things that mean a lot to me, so this Pop-Up is right up my alley. AND I loved watching Ink Masters on the TV when we had one! So creative. Alas, my 'body canvas' is a bit too wrinkly now for any more "tats" but I still long for more. Can't wait to play, Vivi. xoxoxoxo

JanD

Premier Senior Member

I like Tribal Tattoo's a lot and also flowers, so thought these would be good for the challenge. Loving this, Vivi!
All credits for images are in the Gallery photo. xooxx