Progressive Scrap Challenge

Lella

Premier Senior Member
Good morning, afternoon or evening, to you in your part of the world.
I'm going to be your hostess for this October P.S. challenge, and have never done anything like this before, so if you see I need help, please step right in.
I will be sharing a step every second day....starting to-day, Oct. 19th. and ending Oct.26th. Please come back to this thread for your next instructions.
Also please share each step in the gallery and in this thread.
We are going to be doing a design with geometric shapes and colour blocking. This link is to a Scrap Girls Newsletter that explains it much better then I can, and also shows some super examples.
I also made a template that you are more then welcome to download and use.
This is the page that I have done.....

Now, grab your coffee, tea, wine, or chocolate, and lets get going to have some fun!!

Step 1.........

Choose 3 papers, and cut them into rectangles or use a template and clipping mask, then place a photo or photo.s where you want them.
I clipped my photo to this shape then masked it in.

:-23

Step 2........

First of all, my apologies to all who could not download the template. Not sure what happened or why some could, BUT you are all so talented you don't really need it. :) Now on with step 2.

What we are going to do next is a blending trick I learned from Sabastian Michaels in one of his classes. Get yourself 2 or 3 papers, and put them on TOP of your layers, Turning 1 on at a time, scroll through your blend modes and be amazed at the difference you see. Don't worry about your photo's as you can mask or erase the paper over them once you have chosen your blend mode. I put a green shade over mine,used darken mode, lowered the opacity to 60%, then masked the boat only with a soft brush at 100%, so the water had some green on it.

Now with that done, put a paint splat. scroll, swirl, or anything on your page,where ever you want, as long as you use a brush.If you look at mine, I have 2 paint splats, and 1 fancy scroll.

Thats it for to-day HAVE FUN!!!

Step 3.........

I have so enjoyed watching how each of your blends turned out. All the pages are awesome! This is what I love about Robyn's site, playing with, and using what we like, AND sharing with each other. How much fun is this?? :-c

Soooooo for step 3 get an edge from your stash to put around your page or make one with a brush. I made mine with a off white swirl brush, then loweres the opacity and masked out where I did not want it. I always mask instead of erase, as I can bring it back later if I like.

After your done, put some pretty elements on your edge or wherever you like. I used ready made clusters.

Again HAVE FUN!! I have 2 days work putting summer away and getting ready for old man winter
, so nice when it's all done.

Step 4.........

Yesterday I went bowling with my Friday afternoon ladies group, then spent 3hours walking around a craft show, man! my poor old body can't hardly do that any more.I had to coax it out of bed this morning.

Sooooo Ya all ready for step 4? This one's easy. Carefully check your page over and move and or change one item.It can be anything on your page. If you don't want to change anything, thats ok also.
Thats it for step 4.
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Step 5......

This has been a wonderful P.S.I so enjoyed all you talented gals, and watching your pages come together. Thank you for joining me in this challenge.
Now for our final step. It's pretty simple, just add a title or journaling or both. Thats it!!!! Enjoy your pages,they are all beautiful!

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Esteemed Senior Member
Lella, cannot access the template. It also says you need to have a One Drive account - which I have - but then says the file is not available.

Lella

Premier Senior Member
BrightEyes;n14069 said:
Lella, cannot access the template. It also says you need to have a One Drive account - which I have - but then says the file is not available.
Could you try it again, Kay. I am not familiar with one drive, but i did change it to share and edit. Would you mind helping me with it if Ican't get it to work? Thanks...

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
Sounds like fun. I couldn't download the template but I will come up with something.

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
Lella - with One Drive, I think the secret is having your file marked "share" - since you've already done that, it probably will work. I'm off to grab it. I'll let you know if I have trouble.

EDIT - your link goes to the One Drive sign in page. Go to the page where the file is and change the link to that page - if the file is marked 'share' - this changed link should work for those of us who do not have a One Drive account.

Last edited:

Lella

Premier Senior Member
Thanks, Janice, I did that, but I won't know if it works until someone tryes it besides me. :) If not I have one other thing to try. I watched the instructions on you tube, and can't see what I'm doing wrong.

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
Let me try again.

I tried it. It says "can edit" next to the file - but when I hit "download" - it then goes to the sign-in page instead of downloading it.

EDITED COMMENT - Is there an option under "share" that says "can view" - on Gabi's One Drive, I can download if it says "can view" under the share column

Last edited:

Lella

Premier Senior Member
Janice, I changed to the share page, and noticed that a few of the girls have downloaded. they must be members. Lets hope this works for the non-members. LOL

Lella

Premier Senior Member
OMG!! Sherry, he is sooooooo cute. How I love pages with large photo's. Looking good! :)

BrightEyes

Esteemed Senior Member
Well, tried One Drive link again but the only files I see are Gabi's Autumn Knocks and Geometric file - and it asked me to sign in again as a member. Sorry

Did you change the link to the file in post 1?? I keep being sent to Gabi's file.

Last edited:

Lella

Premier Senior Member
The geometric file is my template, and if you just click on it , it should download. I went to the help desk and they said it was working fine. I can't tell as it works for me from anywhere. A couple of the gals have already downloaded it as they are members and just signed in and downloaded, ????? Doncha just love all this crap? LOL Thanks so much for your help, Kay.

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
The download won't work for me Lella, but then I can never get any of Gabi's downloads either. It's okay though as I will do my own thing. :)

Thanks for starting the PS, it looks very interesting.

Lella

Premier Senior Member
Your colors are great, Patrica, and I love that smile. Thank you sooooooo much for checking that link. Not sure why it works for some and not others.

Lella

Premier Senior Member
OMG! Robyn, I feel so awful that some can download and others can't. I'm so not good with this kind of stuff.:(

TillM

So can I ask....the shapes don't have to show on the page as rectangles? Can we use other geometric shapes as well? Sorry I am a little confused and really keen to do this one! Thanks xx:-29

Lella

Premier Senior Member
You can do any geometric and rectangle shapes you wish on a 12in. by 12in, page. Just have fun and enjoy. Thanks for joining! :)