Progressive Scrap February

Megsmum

HELP

I am confused! How do you put a mask UNDER a picture and how do you colour it?

• Place a mask or mat underneath - try to keep as much of the shape and size of your image as you can
  • Duplicate the mask/mat
  • Clip your image to the top mat/mask
  • Now select the bottom mask and fill it with a colour to match a colour on your image - lower the opacity a little and enlarge it slightly - you should be able to just see the edges under your image
Sorry

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
HELP

I am confused! How do you put a mask UNDER a picture and how do you colour it?

• Place a mask or mat underneath - try to keep as much of the shape and size of your image as you can
  • Duplicate the mask/mat
  • Clip your image to the top mat/mask
  • Now select the bottom mask and fill it with a colour to match a colour on your image - lower the opacity a little and enlarge it slightly - you should be able to just see the edges under your image
Sorry
Hi...sorry I should’ve said a clipping mask or photo mat such as the ones used in the mask challenges.....duplicate the mask and then clip your image to one (your image then takes the shape of the mask). Then select the duplicated mask and recolour it and make sure it is below the clipped mask and so on
.....there are a few posts on here re clipping masks. See this one posts #7 & #10 there are some ‘better’ explanations and also tutorial links.

nb the tutorials are for Photoshop but you can pretty much work your way with these on other programmes....I use ArtStudio Pro and I normally look at photoshop tutorials when needed

I really hope this helps, shout out if not.

Last edited:

Megsmum

Hi...sorry I should’ve said a clipping mask or photo mat such as the ones used in the mask challenges.....duplicate the mask and then clip your image to one (your image then takes the shape of the mask). Then select the duplicated mask and recolour it and make sure it is below the clipped mask and so on
.....there are a few posts on here re clipping masks. See this one posts #7 & #10 there are some ‘better’ explanations and also tutorial links.

nb the tutorials are for Photoshop but you can pretty much work your way with these on other programmes....I use ArtStudio Pro and I normally look at photoshop tutorials when needed

I really hope this helps, shout out if not.

Thank you it did, every day is a school day, I had no idea you could do that. I hope this is what you thought it should look like!

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you it did, every day is a school day, I had no idea you could do that. I hope this is what you thought it should look like!

That's it the mask is perfect - did you duplicate it .....when the duplicate is slightly enlarged it makes the edges of your main image and mask stand out a bit more and at the next step you may want to move your image into the centre of the page a bit .
I'm with you on the school day, I'm always learning new things here and love it xx

Last edited: