Progressive Scrap for July is here!

TillM

NO Welcome all to the July Progressive Scrap. I am hoping you will all have fun and I know every one of you will create amazing layouts.

So lets get started. I will post 5 sets of instructions starting today then every other day, last one being July 18th Australian Eastern Standard time.
I will post each days directions here , so come back to this page for the next step. Create your layout and post it in the gallery HERE and link it back to this thread.

Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the journey! So here goes....our aim this month is to make a layout using shapes as the basis of the page.

Day 1:
  • Make sure your background layer is transparent.
  • Choose 2 shapes to be the stand out shapes of your layout. Try not to use squares and
    rectangles! Use as many of your shapes as you want to form the basis of your page.
  • Colour your shapes or clip papers to them .
OK great start all Day 2 is here now:
  1. Day 2:
  • Add 1 or 2 photos. You can frame them, mask them or paper matt them, whatever you choose.
  • Check the placement of all your shapes and photos and move any you are not happy with.
  • NO moving anything after today.
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]​Remember we [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]are aiming to complete a layout that is NOT square![/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Have fun :-31

Day 3:
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Fun day - add elements to your layout! Any and as many as you want, only catch is that there must be a button, brad or staple included![/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]NO moving or changing anything from Days 1 & 2.[/FONT]
Enjoy !!!!:-42

So we are almost to the end but there are a couple of tasks to complete!

Day 4:

• Add a title to your page using ALPHA NOT text. The title MUST connect with at least one of the original shapes you used.
  • Add a tag and journal something about your layout.
See you all soon, loving all your pages in this PS!!!

Well this is it, we have come to the end of the journey, I really hope you all have had a ball and are happy with the end result.

​For those looking for a background paper........ there will not be one! If you use your shadows your layout will stand out from the white background that unfortunately we can't remove leaving a layout that is NOT SQUARE!

But the final instructions....

Day 5 Final:

• Add stitching to your page – as much or as little as you wish BUT DON’T use it to make a
    square/rectangular frame around the page.
  • Add an accent using a brush or brushes.
  • DO NOT move anything but you can change and add shadowing if you wish.

Thank you again for playing with me xxxxx

Last edited:

tailz61

WOW this is different, can always count on you for different...must join in the fun of this and I can't WAIT to see what everyone comes up with....it's like a little magic box of scrap layouts :-c

tailz61

Ok here's goes nothing....Lisa's you better not have something real tricky up your sleeve coz here's mine, as you can see I chose cats and hearts

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - January
Oh, Lisa, where are we going with this? I chose hearts and ovals, with something in mind. We'll see if my something works!

Lots of fun already. :)

Veronika

Supreme Senior Member
oh - oh - such a surprise- but very funny!
Day_1: I used 2 shapes and clipped papers to them......
hope, it works........

TillM

Love those kitties Lesley! Would I have anything tricky up my sleeve??? Well just have to wait and see!