Question about PSE styles

Savi

Hi all you intelligent ladies :)

I want to load and use some styles onto my PSE but don't want them to be there all the time as they make loading PSE so long, PLUS I don't want to have to scroll through dozens of styles.

With brushes you can just load them when you need them and they aren't actually THERE can you do the same with styles?

Thanks

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
You certainly can with PS, but I don't know about PSE as I don't have that program.

Savi

Thanks Robyn, I am hoping when america wakes us Sue could possibly shed some light

Patricia

Premier Senior Member
I just had a look at my PSE 13 and you can load styles, effects and actions. Loading filters was greyed out so I supose you can't load filters in PSE.

How to do it? Click on the styles tab, to the right you'll find a little arrow with a few lines, click on it and there will be a pop-up, choose load styles.

When you load a style, it will show up in that pop-up with the word delete at the beginning, so if you click that, you can remove it again.

edit: to be able to delete it, you have first to choose the style, then click the arrow, then the style you chose will be in the pop-up list, so you can delete it.

Last edited:

Patricia

Premier Senior Member
No Title

I think you have an older version than PSE11, I have 11 and 13 and both look the same

I have PSE6 on an old notebook, I'll have a look there to see if it's different

Having a better look at your photo I think you have to click the double arrow on the right of the word 'effects'

This is what I see:

Attachments

Last edited:

Patricia

Premier Senior Member
I had a look at my old PSE6 on my XP-notebook (sooo slow...)... in PSE 6 it's impossible to load effects or styles...

But it is certainly the double arrow you have to click to get the pop-up!

If loading styles (or effects..) is not in the pop-up list, you can't do it! Then you will need a more recent version of PSE!

lindar

Some designers will include a PSE friendly strip, PSD format, in their style (Snickerdoodle Designs). You open the psd file, copy the layer style, then paste on the layer you want to apply it to. Nothing permanent.

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
Karen has some wonderful tutorials. You can also go to NAODS.com and learn just about anything on PSE. There are some tutorials that are for members only but I think there is some good information for non-members as well. I have learned a lot from their tutorials.

AHDesign

Hello LAdies,
I have PSE 6, and have no trouble loading most styles.
I know there are some that might not work if they were made in the very newest versions,
but I have at least 1000 asl files in my pc, that all I have to do is double click on, and they load.
You should have PSE 6 loaded first, as this works better, and just double click the asl file you want to load.
You can also load from the arrows, but I don't do it that way as most of the time my styles folder is open,
and I can see what I need or want better that way.

zanthia

Esteemed Senior Member
Hello LAdies,
I have PSE 6, and have no trouble loading most styles.
I know there are some that might not work if they were made in the very newest versions,
but I have at least 1000 asl files in my pc, that all I have to do is double click on, and they load.
You should have PSE 6 loaded first, as this works better, and just double click the asl file you want to load.
You can also load from the arrows, but I don't do it that way as most of the time my styles folder is open,
and I can see what I need or want better that way.

that is weird as I have pse 10 and you cannot load styles as it began with pse 11

double clicking the asl file does nothing