Quote Challenge February 2019

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Quote-Feb2019-MaryPoppins-Web.jpg

Pamela Lyndon Travers, OBE, was an Australian-British novelist, actress and journalist. In 1924 she emigrated to England where she wrote under the pen name P.L. Travers. She is best known for the Mary Poppins series of children’s books, which feature the magical nanny Mary Poppins. Wikipedia

Interesting article in The Washington Post about Mary Poppins creator P.L. Travers https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...=.7a223b79f41b

Mary Poppins is in the news again with the Mary Poppins Returns movie released last year.

You may use your favorite quote from any of P.L. Travers books or song titles or lyrics from the Disney movies Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns.

Mary Poppins lyrics https://www.stlyrics.com/m/marypoppins.htm

Mary Poppins Returns lyrics https://www.stlyrics.com/m/marypoppinsreturns.htm

A few quotes by P.L. Travers or from the movies:

Don’t you know that everybody’s got a Fairyland of their own?

I hate being good.

Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, in the most delightful way!

You know, you can say it backwards, which is docious-ali-expi-istic-fragil-cali-rupus, but that’s going a bit too far, don’t you think?

There’s the whole world at your feet

Anything can happen if you let it.

I love the gorgeous Feed the Birds page by Rosie on January 7, 2019

Please upload your pages to the Monthly Challenges gallery and post a link back in this thread.

I am looking forward to seeing your pages.

Here is a page I made using some of the lyrics of Nowhere to Go But Up in the Mary Poppins Returns movie:

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Thank you for hosting this challenge Grace. As usual, wonderful research on your subject!!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Wendy, fabulous extracted girl flying a kite and beautiful clusters and wonderful song lyrics on your gorgeous Fly a Kite page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Anita, fabulous photo treatment and effects and images and wonderful quote on your fun and fantastic page! Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Mary, the spoonful of sugar is perfect for the precious baby with the song lyrics and the medicine container and diaper pin cluster on your fabulous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Rosie, love the fabulous scene you created and the beautiful clusters and song lyrics on your gorgeous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Barb, fantastic effects and images and wonderful song lyrics on your fabulous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Jody, beautiful framing of the fabulous photo of the statute and wonderful quote on your gorgeous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Sue, I loved Mary Poppins Returns! The pages are all fabulous.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Love the adorable photo and the beautiful clusters and wonderful quote on your gorgeous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Anne

Challenge Host - July
Thank you for the challenge Grace......one of my all time favourite movies and such a feel good story!

Think happy thoughts folks :)