Quote Challenge March 2019 Irish Quotes

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - August
MarchQuote-Web.jpg

The quote challenge this month is Irish quotes. You may use your favorite Irish Blessings or Irish Sayings or Irish Proverbs or Irish song titles and/or lyrics or Irish quotes.

You may also use one of the following quotations:

St. Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time—a day to begin transforming winter’s dreams into summer’s magic. Adrienne Cook

The heart of an Irishman is nothing but his imagination. George Bernard Shaw

Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending. Jonathan Swift

Love comes in at the eye. William Butler Yeats

You use a glass mirror to see your face: you use works of art to see your soul. George Bernard Shaw

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde

I was born into the most remarkable and eccentric family I could possibly have hoped for. Maureen O’Hara

Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again. C.S. Lewis

You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?” George Bernard Shaw

Inspiration is always a surprising visitor. John O’Donohue

The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper. William Butler Yeats

The best doctors in the world are Doctor Diet, Doctor Quiet, and Doctor Merryman. Jonathan Swift

Won’t you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you. Richard Brinsley Sheridan

When one flower blooms spring awakens everywhere. John O’Donohue

We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. George Bernard Shaw

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C.S. Lewis

Please include the name of this challenge March Quote on your title and upload your pages to the Monthly Challenges Gallery and post a link back in this thread.

I am looking forward to seeing your pages.

Here is a page I made using the quote “Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” by C.S. Lewis.

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Thank you Grace for hosting this challenge and doing the research on it. It's always very popular!

:-1

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - August
Lots of great quotes, Grace, thank you!

JanD

Premier Senior Member
I always hoped I'd have some Irish blood in me, but it seems Cornish Celtic instead. LOVE this challenge and will be thinking about what to do! xo

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - August
Anita, the wonderful quote is beautifully illustrated with the beautiful scene you created--love the effects and the beautiful images and roses on your fabulous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - August
Rosie, beautiful photo treatment and gorgeous image and beautiful fairies and butterflies and wonderful wordart quote on your magical and fabulous page! Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - August
Mary, the beautiful photo is perfect for the wonderful quote on your gorgeous page--the clusters and shadow-work are beautiful! Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.