Reducing file size in CraftArtist 2

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using the CraftArtist2 program? Do you need to reduce your file size so you can upload to the gallery here? Our gallery has a maximum upload file size of 250 KB.

Anne has very kindly provided this 'how to' image. Thanks Anne!

ReducingFileSizeinCA2.jpg

G

Hi Robyn and Anne I am really sorry for uploading those large files. I can't find them and think you may have deleted them, which is fine. I really do not remember how I managed to upload in the first place, and would appreciate if you could tell me how :)
Thanks
Jane

PS found out how to upload but the file I used is 238kb but is showing larger in the details in the gallery. Sorry, but I don't understand that. :(

Last edited:

Alfred

238 KB is 238 x 1024 bytes, or nearly 244 thousand bytes. Could that account for the difference you're seeing, Jane?

Cheesecake

Thank you all for putting this post up . I think i understand now not very good at technical stuff or anything else for that matter lol

Cheesecake

Hi can i ask, if i don't change to 12x12 in CA will that stop me being able to change the size as i am having the problem again it seems .when i changed 250x250 to 600x600 the dpi jumps up too and i cannot change this to 50 dpi as it changes the other back down to 250x250 is this because i haven't got the page on 12x12 i don't know what im doing lol I thought i had fixed it , it seem not !

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Challenge Host - May
Hi can i ask, if i don't change to 12x12 in CA will that stop me being able to change the size as i am having the problem again it seems .when i changed 250x250 to 600x600 the dpi jumps up too and i cannot change this to 50 dpi as it changes the other back down to 250x250 is this because i haven't got the page on 12x12 i don't know what im doing lol I thought i had fixed it , it seem not !
Hi so sorry I did not see this before. I hope you have not given up on it.
If your original page is a square page ( size does not matter LOL ) then it will automatically adjust to a square size what ever you do.
If it is a rectangle page it will adjust to that.
Don't worry about it the main thing is that the new size is 250 kb or under.... whatever the other measures are, the gallery here will take it.
If you need more help send me a private message and I will do a step by step for you , no problem