saving NON CA kits issue... please help

Megsmum

I have remembered how to convert no CA kits into craft artist using the digikit creator but The issue is I cannot remember how to make sure there is a picture in the section when you load the add items from digikits. SO some have pictures so I can see the kit, others just have a name. I cannot for the life of me remember how to get them to show with a picture?

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - November
Not sure exactly what you mean but I am assuming that you want to see a picture of the kit when you are looking at the kits in My Digikits. When you are making the kit make sure you add the picture of the kit into the layouts part of the digikit creator. This is what will show up in My Digits.

Megsmum

Not sure exactly what you mean but I am assuming that you want to see a picture of the kit when you are looking at the kits in My Digikits. When you are making the kit make sure you add the picture of the kit into the layouts part of the digikit creator. This is what will show up in My Digits.

yes that is exactly what I mean. Sometimes though, I am unable to load a picture into layouts,

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
If you have the picture as a page (or as a background) then say add layout on digikit creator it will be there as the front cover. If the kit does not have a cover you can make your own xxxxx

nemla

love a challenging challenge
The first paper in the paper section should become your front cover,if you do not have a lay out.
But can I ask, why are you turning them into CA kits ??? They take up far to much space on your computer memory. Just leave bought kits as they are,and use them via the photo tab. Kits you make your self export as png transparent background, or jpeg for backgrounds and papers at 300dpi. The only thing you really have to use the digital kit creator for is to save your brushes...

Megsmum

The first paper in the paper section should become your front cover,if you do not have a lay out.
But can I ask, why are you turning them into CA kits ??? They take up far to much space on your computer memory. Just leave bought kits as they are,and use them via the photo tab. Kits you make your self export as png transparent background, or jpeg for backgrounds and papers at 300dpi. The only thing you really have to use the digital kit creator for is to save your brushes...

it is the only way I know how to do it?

nemla

@WendyP I agree it is easy to get a good overview of everything. When they are in the craftArtist program as digikits, but they are really very large files.each element is saved in 4 to 6 different versions,even though you just see 1.. @Megsmum to use a normal kit just unzip it and leave it in a folder with the rest of your photos. When you need to use it in CA, clik on add photo, and find your kit, it will load whatever you choose from there. BUT if you turn them into digikits please keep your original bought kits in the jpeg,/png format. Even if it is only on an external hard drive or in a cloud storeage. If you have to turn them back into kits you can use in other programs it is a lot of work ,and it is not always possible.

zepper

I turn all my bought kits into CA kits as I find it easier to see the whole kit at once and not have to load them in manualy.

I do too,I have an external hard drive with 1tb or more and save my digikits there then direct Craftartist to load them from that location...(tools/options/digikit locations. Click add and select your folder). They will be safe if the computer crashes and they don't take up any space on the main PC.

Last edited:

Megsmum

@WendyP I agree it is easy to get a good overview of everything. When they are in the craftArtist program as digikits, but they are really very large files.each element is saved in 4 to 6 different versions,even though you just see 1.. @Megsmum to use a normal kit just unzip it and leave it in a folder with the rest of your photos. When you need to use it in CA, clik on add photo, and find your kit, it will load whatever you choose from there. BUT if you turn them into digikits please keep your original bought kits in the jpeg,/png format. Even if it is only on an external hard drive or in a cloud storeage. If you have to turn them back into kits you can use in other programs it is a lot of work ,and it is not always possible.

we are going to buy an external hard drive in the January sales. So if I load them as photos they still work as elements?

nemla

Yes they will work perfectly , @Megsmum , but they will only show up in your photo tab. Try it. If you have a problem with it let me know.