Scrap a Song

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host
Do you ever see something that reminds you of song lyrics? I do and often start singing--sometimes drives my hubby crazy! ;)

Your layout for this challenge needs to have either a song title, part of the lyrics to a song, or both on it.

Last weekend, we went to the mountains in West Virginia and drove to the Dolly Sods Wilderness Area even though it was a foggy and rainy morning. I chose this song by John Denver (one of my favorite musicians) to scrap this photo:

Sing with me! :)
Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue ridge mountains, Shenandoah river
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, growin' like a breeze

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain momma
Take me home, country roads...

I'll scrap another song soon. Can't wait to see the song you scrap! :)

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
Interesting. I was just singing a song yesterday. With my husband over the road, we find ourselves singing the song: Over the Road & Through the woods, to Grandmothers house we go.

:)

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host
I did this sketch some time ago when I was into drawing. Roy Rogers was a good guy/white hat cowboy back in the '50's. This was his theme song.

Last edited:

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host
Hope you'll scrap it, Cyndi!

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host
Looking forward to seeing your page!

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Gorgeous layout Kim and great challenge!!! Wonderful choice of songs! I love that song! That would have been one of my picks because he is one of my favorites as well. I will think of another.

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Great challenge, and thank you so much Kim for getting the first October challenge up!!

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host
So you have tunes in your head all the time, too???

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host
I'm glad you're on board, Janice!

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Wonderful idea for a challenge Kim! My DH and I went to a Rogers and Hammerstein review at the local dinner theatre in August and It took me two weeks to get the songs out of my head...LOL. Must go look through my stash for song material....

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
I have tunes in my head all the time. I woke up to Dizzy playing in my head (appropriate for me LOLI)
I've had 50's songs in my head ever since I heard about the 50's singer who died this week. Sea Cruise singer?

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host
Looking forward to seeing your layout, Grace!

KimR.

Staff member
Challenge Host
I always have a song in my head, Elaina, can't wait to see yours!