CHALLENGES Seek and Scrap Time to post

zepper

Challenge Host - October
Hiya Everyone

While on holiday last month I bought a puzzle book to help me relax and this one caught my attention. Like Barb, I enjoy using games and puzzles to set challenges and thought why not, lets try all of you on this one.

It has a different name of course but as you see from the challenge title mine is called seek & scrap.

In this grid there are 3 colour words and 5 item/element words for you to find and scrap. If you are lucky enough to find all 8 of them then use them all and if not just scrap what you can find.

I’ve been looking at it just before posting and found 6 extra ones that just appeared from when I put random letters in the grid! Arrgghhhhh oh well lets go with it, adds to the fun... if the randoms are scrapable use them too. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Please only use the colours you find and match your found elements to the colours, you can use different shades/hues & gonna be unusual if you use the random words.... Ha.

There are no clues as this would spoil the fun and of course the words go in any direction.

To give everyone the chance to play the the game please dont post your pages until the 15th October 21. This is because you will give away the words when you you do.

Too long a time to wait? If I get more than 5 PM's I'll reduce the days.

When the day arrives post your work to the Miscellaneous challenge thread and link here, will comment when I can in the misc thread as I work and care for my mother and my spare time is limited.

I will post a page with the word list and the extras I found at the end of the month, if you found any more than I did post them in this thread at the end of the month too.

Happy hunting xxx : o)

Last edited:

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Hiya Everyone

While on holiday last month I bought a puzzle book to help me relax and this one caught my attention. Like Barb, I enjoy using games and puzzles to set challenges and thought why not, lets try all of you on this one.

It has a different name of course but as you see from the challenge title mine is called seek & scrap.

In this grid there are 3 colour words and 5 item/element words for you to find and scrap. If you are lucky enough to find all 8 of them then use them all and if not just scrap what you can find.

I’ve been looking at it just before posting and found 6 extra ones that just appeared from when I put random letters in the grid! Arrgghhhhh oh well lets go with it, adds to the fun...Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Please only use the colours you find and match your found elements to the colours, you can use different shades/hues & gonna be unusual if you use the random words.... Ha.

There are no clues as this would spoil the fun and of course the words go in any direction.

Post your work to the Miscellaneous challenge thread and link here, will comment when I can in the misc thread as I work and care for my mother and my spare time is limited.

I will post a page with the word list and the extras I found at the end of the month, if you found any more than I did post them in this thread at the end of the month too.

Happy hunting xxx : o)

Brilliant challenge Debbie, love it but then I think you know me well.
Have the three colours already and working on the elements, having so much fun already thank you.
Have a lot going on at the moment but can't wait to work on this challenge xxx

JaneMarion

Great-grandmother
Thank you Zepper for the challenge. Have found three colours and seven elements so far, although some of them may be accidental :D I might look for some more before attempting a page.

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
@zepper . . . I'm loving the challenge of finding these words. Will it give it away if we all start posting images with the same colours?

zepper

Challenge Host - October
@zepper . . . I'm loving the challenge of finding these words. Will it give it away if we all start posting images with the same colours?
I had thought of that when I was making the challenge and was having a fun time making it that I forgot all about it.
To give members a chance to play the game/find the words, what if no one posts a page until 15th Oct 21?

Kakleidesigns

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Debbie, I wrote you a PM, because I am obsessed with this, but because of the language barrier I am not sure what I have right or wrong...and do they go diagonal also? And Debbie, you are from Canada, right? I am going to have a stroke, LOL, but I love this...@

zepper help!​

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
I had thought of that when I was making the challenge and was having a fun time making it that I forgot all about it.
To give members a chance to play the game/find the words, what if no one posts a page until 15th Oct 21?
It's up to you Debbie, but I think that sounds like a good idea.

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Thank you Debbie for this amazing challenge it certainly get's the brain working I will post on the 15th.xx

zepper

Challenge Host - October
OHHH MY, I have just noticed a spelling mistake in my scrap !!!!!!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Debbie, thank you for hosting the fun challenge. I found 3 colors and 4 item/elements and looking for more.

Are we allowed to add a photo or more elements to the ones we found in the grid?

zepper

Challenge Host - October
Debbie, thank you for hosting the fun challenge. I found 3 colors and 4 item/elements and looking for more.

Are we allowed to add a photo or more elements to the ones we found in the grid?
You can add a photo but only use the colours & elements you find in the grid. There will be some elements that I didn't intend to be there as they appeared when I put the other letters in but you can use those too as it will add to the fun.

I have fixed the spelling mistake too.

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
I've found the words, Debbie, but will probably need until the 15th to come up with an idea. LOL