SEPT 2018 How did I create this layout? #3

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
wow Rosie, what great layouts!! I love the way you have kept the colours to a minimum in the first layout, the touches of red against the black really makes this a standout! just fabulous! I love the colours you chose for the second one as well and again, like the first page, the brushes you used were perfect choices!!!

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Oh goodness! what a sensational and beautifully done page Anita, absolutely LOVE this one! the limited colour palette makes for a stunning work of art! and I just love the photo treatment her! just wow!!

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Goodness, Lillias, for a first time you have certainly created a wonderful piece of art! I love the brushes/stamps you have used the background! brilliant work!

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Oh I so hope you do create a page Evelyn, as I said it look involved written down but really, once you have your photo clipped to a page and taking the centre stage on your page, it's just a matter of adding 4 or 5 brushes/stamps underneath the photo layer, and then 3 or 4 on top of the photo layer, add a large title and you are done! :)

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Another great page and I like this a bit more than your first, only because you have limited your colours a bit. This type of page is better done with a limited colour palette just so the main image stands out and your brush work, when applied, shouldn't detract from the main image. Too many colours and your eye is taken away from the important image and is looking around the page for all of the colours. And I love that image, beautiful work Lillias!

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Grace!!!! this is AWESOME! the central image takes centre stage because of 1)where it is located and 2)because it is coloured. The brushwork around it adds a lot of interest but does not detract from the main image! Sensational work!!

Lillias

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you for your comments Ona and for your advice about the limited colour palette for this type of page. I prefer this page to my first one too. I find that getting the right image to work with is always a big part of the problem and once you have found that others things fall into place a ‘bit’ easier…lol.

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Oh wow Anita, I just the second one you did and it is AWESOME!! I love the way the group seems to be in the 'spotlight' with that circle of light, so very creative!

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Yes Lillias and yes, yes, yes! The image in these sorts of pages really plays an important part, it is what takes centre stage, it is what the eye should focus on first ........... all the brushwork and stamping should only reinforce your concept and add not only meaning to your image but some interest as well. The image can be anything! but it needs needs some sort of grungy support from brushes/stamps/masking etc etc. to make it stand out. :)

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
AMAZING! just saw this in the gallery and it is AWESOME! love that image and the brushwork and imagery you used to support the main photo is just PERFECT! absolutely love this Barb!

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
LOL! yes they can be addictive but its not harmful to your health so go for it!!! :) Sensational page, lovely main photo and love the photo treatment you used here and the background brushwork/stamping is amazing! Gorgeous work!

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
No. 3: Ona ... 1st thing - why in the world would I take your suggestions as criticism? Participating in these deconstruction challenges that you and Marianne spend so much time on ... for us ... make you 2 the teachers that we're learning from ... I so appreciate that you are helping me with your suggestions ! When you say - apply a page mask - I have tried those mask out thingies and can't get it and my attempts produce nothing - I duplicated the background paper, Multiplied it and reduced the opacity to 82%. Again, I thank you

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/member-galleries/p47070-beauties3.html

No. 2 - with Ona's suggestions

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...beauties2.html

Ona ... took your advice about the perfect picture to heart ... got so caught up in altering this one and when I tried to follow your tut, well, as you can see ... I failed ... BUT I did use new things - filters and really enjoyed working on this so I guess it's not a complete fail ;) ... wanted to show you what you inspired me to create ♥ - thank you

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...-beauties.html

Last edited:

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Evelyn! I would not called this a 'failed attempt' in the least! I love your central imagery and other brushes/stamping you have used support the main image. I would suggest just moving those outer image pieces into the centre a bit more............ like the piece of foliage down in the right hand bottom corner..... move it up so part of it is hidden within the main image........ the same with the fan type element/stamp in the top right corner.......... once again I would move down towards the central image, behind it, so only a part of the fan shape if showing, and take the opacity back on that a bit so it doesn't stand out too much and detract from the main image. Again, with the greenery in the love left hand corner, move that up and over the top of the left hand side of the central image. All the brushes and stamp work in this this type of page should support your main image, but they also should be partially hidden either behind or in front of the image, so they actually 'connect/touch' the main image.

The tape measure stamp is in a perfect position, as is the black flower stamp bottom right and the word art at the bottom as well. The main title up the top is awesome. So really, dear lady, you didn't fail at all!! and I LOVE that you made the attempt to move out of your own comfort zone and just 'had a go'! Brilliant work! xxxxx

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Thanks Marianne! They are all very creative are they not?? some awesome layouts being created! Hope your father-in-law is doing better! xxx

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
You read my mind Ona ... I meant to ask you for suggestions (and forgot) ... I will make a 2nd go (well, really the 28th, but who's counting)