• Suggest a palette for our end of year members' kit HERE.  Suggestions to be submitted by Tuesday 19th please.

SEPT 2018 How did I create this layout? #3

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
WOW! Lindsay, what a fabulous layout! Love the imagery and your brush work is wonderful and beautifully balanced! Wonderfully creative!

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Evelyn your second (or 29th attempt! lol!!) is terrific! If I may, the only other suggestion I would make is to make your greenery larger, perhaps have the bottom part of it touching the bottom border and top part reaching up just a little bit part of her hand. another thing I would suggest doing is to make the background paper just a bit more darker. An easy way to do that is duplicate your paper and change the blend mode on the top layer to Multiply and then just dial it down a bit............ you want the main picture to merge into the background a bit more........ if the main image gets too dark (if you have applied a blend mode on it for instance, then use a layer mask on your duplicated paper (the Multiply blend mode one) and using a white soft brush just gently hide the the layer a bit. And to finish off, I would move your main top title up and to the right a bit more, just so it is sitting in its own space there.......... it just seems to be a little bit cramped, now that we have moved that fan shape down closer. :) And please, don't take this as any criticism, they are only suggestions. :) xxxxx

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
WOW is right ... wow everything you did here, Lindsay ... honestly, that grid on the photo is so clever

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
my gosh ... everyone of these is so awesome, so different and so enjoyable to look at and see all the little details ...

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Well YAY!! Evelyn, the changes to your layout look really fabulous! I hope that you are happy with the page as well, and while I don't mind offering suggestions, please remember that I am looking at the layout from my own point of view so never be worried about hurting my feelings (I am a tough ol' chook! LOL!) if you prefer to keep something 'as is'........... it is YOURS after all!!! That goes for everyone!! :) xxxx and Evelyn, I will do a tutorial on the layer masking thingy as well! xxxx

Last edited:

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Isn't it wonderful to see how everyone interprets tutorials according to their own tastes and ideas? I totally agree with you Ev, all of these are just awesome! :)

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
I really liked it when I posted #1 .. liked it more after #2 and now, really like #3! Your point of view is more advanced than mine in this field so, we're good

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
This thread passed me by, I cant believe I missed it ! What a great tutorial, and some wonderful pages.

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
This thread passed me by, I cant believe I missed it ! What a great tutorial, and some wonderful pages.
Thanks Nemla. I think the ladies did a sensational job in creating their layouts.............. I think some of the comments got a bit mixed up when we went to the new platform though. :) Hope you give it a try Vivi!! :)