CHALLENGES September progressive

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Challenge Host - September
Hello and welcome to the September progressive.
It is still very hot and humid here, so this month I have decided to go easy on every one, including my self .
I have picked a page I have done previously for inspiration,1 because I like it very much ,and 2 because it can easily be “ tweaked ” by you (and me) The original page was made using a template by Fiddle dee dee designs, but of course we will not be doing that.
Here goes
Day 1 ;
This challenge will use a minimum of 4 photos. Please find them now, but do not put any on your page. They do not have to be taken on the same day, but they do have to be about the same subject.
Look at your photos ,and choose a CONTRAST or neutral colour paper. it must not have a pattern on it, but should have a texture of some sort, a crease or two, some Gesso like texture, a raised surface.
Just for fun give your page a title. You can change the font and placement later if you need to , but the title it self you are stuck with.
Please put your page in the temporary progressive gallery and
here in this post so I can se you are taking part. Thank you, and have fun.
Day 2;
Chose a side of the page where you later on will put your photo's .On the side you have decided is a good place for them ,start by using a bush or a paint element, and at about 50 % transparency , spread it out a bit, but don't fill more than half your page , in fact you need to leave some space at the bottom too.
Now choose some flat elements , like leaves, paper shapes, stamps ,or other flat types , nothing 3 D because you are making the start of a mat . Not many maybe just 4 to 6 .
Some of this will be hidden but try to place them towards the top , or towards the middle of your page , They must be partly on top of the paint you just did.
DO NOT FLATTEN.
When you are done, please post in the temporary progressive gallery and here in this thread in a new post, so I get notifications.
DAY 3
Day 3
step 1 . Choose 1 of your photos . Place it on the layer just above your background paper . Enlarge it so it fills the whole page, and then chose a blend mode so it becomes your background, but perhaps not so much “in your face ” as mine since I went for multiply...
Mine is a closeup of a rose, but in the original one I had a building, and a soft light blendmode . Play around with your different photos. You can change the blendmode later, but not the photo itself.
Step 2
Make a minimum 3 rectangles and place them where your photos will be, - on top of your mat.
Once you have positioned them, and given them a colour fill, start playing around with shadows and angles, you can even feather an edge if you want to.
These will become a clipping mask for your photos. ( or if your program does not allow that later on you can simply size your photos and put them on top. But NOT today, today I just want to se rectangles ( or squares if you like that better.)
Have fun, please post in the temporary progressive gallery, and here in this thread in a new post.

My day 3

My day 2 ;

Last edited:

TruusF

full

Thanks for the challenge!
Credit: Kakleid - Poise

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
Hello and welcome to the September progressive.
It is still very hot and humid here, so this month I have decided to go easy on every one, including my self .
I have picked a page I have done previously for inspiration,1 because I like it very much ,and 2 because it can easily be “ tweaked ” by you (and me) The original page was made using a template by Fiddle dee dee designs, but of course we will not be doing that.
Here goes
Day 1 ;
This challenge will use a minimum of 4 photos. Please find them now, but do not put any on your page. They do not have to be taken on the same day, but they do have to be about the same subject.
Look at your photos ,and choose a CONTRAST or neutral colour paper. it must not have a pattern on it, but should have a texture of some sort, a crease or two, some Gesso like texture, a raised surface.
Just for fun give your page a title. You can change the font and placement later if you need to , but the title it self you are stuck with.
Please put your page in the temporary progressive gallery and
here in this post so I can se you are taking part. Thank you, and have fun.

easy? 4 photos? and a title? I'm'a drinking thru this one gal!