Share your Techniques and Effects

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - June
I would love to learn more about techniques I am not very good with them and see some awesome effects on pages our more advanced Artists make some amazing pages I am going to start a page off and hope others will follow I am sure the more advanced ones of you out there can teach us much more so here is my page it is a very simple example it is an image of half a face from Pexels which I then added an effect in SPE to make it look more like a sketch then I recoloured her added some blend modes to her then copied the original photo turned her so that she now looks like she has a whole face I recoloured her added blend modes again I also used papers on top and more blend modes then I cropped a paper in half so that each half was recoloured again and then more blend modes added.
View media item 77573

I do a lot of my effects on PhotoMania which was introduced to me by JA member Lindsay. It's free and simple. I often download a photo I've run through a filter and run through another one on there. You can remove the watermark, too. I do it with both embellishments and photos, but mostly photos. Fun to see How much I can change it up.

I do a lot of my effects on PhotoMania which was introduced to me by JA member Lindsay. It's free and simple. I often download a photo I've run through a filter and run through another one on there. You can remove the watermark, too. I do it with both embellishments and photos, but mostly photos. Fun to see How much I can change it up.
Thank you Kathy thats a great tip..xxx

Fabulous page Mary and explanations! It's a good idea. For my part I don't have any technique in particular, I'm going on a dime the most of time and use some softwares like Akvis sketch, photoshop actions or Topaz studio as other members here and I play with Photoshop tools. There is a lot of tutorials on Youtube with Blue Lightning TV, Photoshop CAFE, Photoshop training channel.

Thanks Anita. Are the effects in this program similar to what can be achieved in Topaz?
similar ..but alot more I think..I have had the program for years and couldn't do without it now...It can change your page dramatically ♥ I have Topaz aswell ♥

Sorry about that Robyn I should have explained it more clearly luckily Anita did the job for me.xxx

I use Topaz Studio 1 and 2 for quick effects. I also use Affinity Designer for painting. Sometimes I combine the two, starting with Topaz and refining with Affinity. The problem is that I fiddle around so much I can't always remember what I used 😁

Thanks for reminding me about Smart Photo Editor. I purchased it in 2017 and never used it because there are so many choices and I find it overwhelming. I took a look at SPE today and like the presets in the Artistic Effects Gallery. I like one-click presets better than actions.

I don't know about most of the programs y'all have mentioned. This is a great idea, Mary and I love that face you did!

Back