CHIT CHAT So what shall we talk about? February

Evelyn

Miss Social Chatty-ness
Challenge Host - February
I go Wednesday to get the stitches out of my right arm. Friday, my grandson came over and he had twisted his ankle walking in the snow. Saturday, I remembered I had one of those elastic slide on braces for ankles. I opened a drawer and did not see it. So, I pushed the drawer in with my right hand before I even thought about it. I fell to the floor in pain and stayed on Hydrocdone the rest of the day and used ice. It feels better today, but is still pretty sore. I can't wait to get these stitches out! Arrggghhhh! I swear, I need to be in a plastic bubble!
OH NO

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
I go Wednesday to get the stitches out of my right arm. Friday, my grandson came over and he had twisted his ankle walking in the snow. Saturday, I remembered I had one of those elastic slide on braces for ankles. I opened a drawer and did not see it. So, I pushed the drawer in with my right hand before I even thought about it. I fell to the floor in pain and stayed on Hydrocdone the rest of the day and used ice. It feels better today, but is still pretty sore. I can't wait to get these stitches out! Arrggghhhh! I swear, I need to be in a plastic bubble!
Oh no Deloris I hope no damage has been done only 2 more days left for the stitches to come out and you will start to feel so much better.xxx

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
It's been an eventful weekend for me. My youngest grandson fell of his bike (and not for the first time) and has make a bit of a mess of his leg, but it's not broken or anything, just looks bad.

My oldest grandson and his wife announced that I'm going to be a great grandmother in October. It's obviously very early days yet and I know anything can happen so we shall see. They are visiting from Melbourne for a few days and wanted to tell us in person as they probably won't be back here before the baby is due. So very exciting news.

Then in the early hours of Saturday morning I had a really major (probably the worst ever) cramp attack on my left calf muscle. I often get cramps and sometimes very severe, but nothing like this. I struggled to maintain consciousness the pain was so bad and went on for so long. Anyway the upshot of this is that 3 days later I have a badly swollen calf muscle that is very painful to touch and I can hardly walk. I was going to go the doctor but I'm thinking it's probably a muscle strain or slight tear and I don't really think there is much that can be done, other than try and keep off it and hopefully it will repair itself.

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
It's been an eventful weekend for me. My youngest grandson fell of his bike (and not for the first time) and has make a bit of a mess of his leg, but it's not broken or anything, just looks bad.

My oldest grandson and his wife announced that I'm going to be a great grandmother in October. It's obviously very early days yet and I know anything can happen so we shall see. They are visiting from Melbourne for a few days and wanted to tell us in person as they probably won't be back here before the baby is due. So very exciting news.

Then in the early hours of Saturday morning I had a really major (probably the worst ever) cramp attack on my left calf muscle. I often get cramps and sometimes very severe, but nothing like this. I struggled to maintain consciousness the pain was so bad and went on for so long. Anyway the upshot of this is that 3 days later I have a badly swollen calf muscle that is very painful to touch and I can hardly walk. I was going to go the doctor but I'm thinking it's probably a muscle strain or slight tear and I don't really think there is much that can be done, other than try and keep off it and hopefully it will repair itself.
I am so sorry, congratulations and I am really sorry in that order. I am especially concerned about your leg. Are you sure you don't have a blood clot? That was my first thought. Sounds really awful. I hope the pain eases soon xxxxx

nemla

love a challenging challenge
@Robyn So sorry you are in pain. at least you have your younger Grandson to commiserate with , since you both have bad legs, though that is hardly a consolation for either of you. care-L
I hope it passes soon, so you can start to look forward to the new arrival.
@Rosie glad things are looking up for you.
EDIT; Have just read Rosies POST, PLEASE SEE A DOCTOR Robyn!
Here everything is pretty much the same , though just a minute ago, the computer seems to have corrupted my 16 GB SDHD photo card, with all the photos I took yesterday gone ( though the others are for the most part backed up. You "gotta" love windows !

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
2021 Project 52 Challenge Host
@Rosie I’m so pleased to hear you got your water back and the thaw has started....is this weather unusual for your part of the world....when I think of Texas I imagine stifling hot weather! @DeLoris Im so sorry about your grandsons ankle and then your hand 😱 As Vivi said when it isn’t covered it’s so easy to forget you’ve got an injury...take care and hoping the removal of the stitches will bring some relief 😘
@Robyn well yes...sorry, congratulations and then sorry again.......the news of the new baby hopefully out weighs the 2 not so nice things but, as Rosie said, please don’t leave your leg, you really need to check it out, that’s not right cramping to that extent ❤️❤️
and @nemla 😱🙈🥴 I would actually cry and then throw it out the window.....that is so, so frustrating.....I’m petrified my EHD will pack up with all my scrapbooking bits and more photos, I’m going to get another to back that one up but SDHD cards 😢😢

Grace

Supreme Senior Member

Robyn, exciting news that you are going to be a great grandmother! Bad news that your grandson fell off his bike but it's good that he did not break his leg. Sorry to read about the cramp attack on your left calf muscle and the swelling and pain and not being able to walk well. You should either call your doctor or send him an email as it sounds serious.
care-L

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Here everything is pretty much the same , though just a minute ago, the computer seems to have corrupted my 16 GB SDHD photo card, with all the photos I took yesterday gone ( though the others are for the most part backed up. You "gotta" love windows !
Windows can be so frustrating.

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
@Rosie I’m so pleased to hear you got your water back and the thaw has started....is this weather unusual for your part of the world....when I think of Texas I imagine stifling hot weather! @DeLoris Im so sorry about your grandsons ankle and then your hand 😱 As Vivi said when it isn’t covered it’s so easy to forget you’ve got an injury...take care and hoping the removal of the stitches will bring some relief 😘
@Robyn well yes...sorry, congratulations and then sorry again.......the news of the new baby hopefully out weighs the 2 not so nice things but, as Rosie said, please don’t leave your leg, you really need to check it out, that’s not right cramping to that extent ❤️❤️
and @nemla 😱🙈🥴 I would actually cry and then throw it out the window.....that is so, so frustrating.....I’m petrified my EHD will pack up with all my scrapbooking bits and more photos, I’m going to get another to back that one up but SDHD cards 😢😢
Very unusual weather for Texas. We rarely get it cold enough for snow let alone temperatures down to below 0 degrees Fahrenheit.

Evelyn

Miss Social Chatty-ness
Robyn, you really do need to see about that - cramping that severe is not usual - congrats on g-g-motherShip - glad the grandboy is relatively OK ... as for your computer, Vivi, welcome to the #%*! possessed computer club ... oh, and we got about another 3 inches of snow this morning :-40

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
I had an appointment with the doctor this morning, but I cancelled it. It is marginally better. I must admit my first thought was a blood clot. I think I will just wait and see, I would feel so foolish going to the doctor when it's probably already healing. :-55

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
I had an appointment with the doctor this morning, but I cancelled it. It is marginally better. I must admit my first thought was a blood clot. I think I will just wait and see, I would feel so foolish going to the doctor when it's probably already healing. :-55
There is nothing foolish about getting it checked out. Better safe than sorry. I am glad it is feeling a bit better xxxxx

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member

first of all congratulations on being a Great-Grandmother soon and secondly I agree with Rosie and Grace it could be a blood clot it would be wise just to get it checked out Robyn I am so sorry to hear about your Grandson falling off his bike I hope his leg heals soon.

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
@Robyn So sorry you are in pain. at least you have your younger Grandson to commiserate with , since you both have bad legs, though that is hardly a consolation for either of you. care-L
I hope it passes soon, so you can start to look forward to the new arrival.
@Rosie glad things are looking up for you.
EDIT; Have just read Rosies POST, PLEASE SEE A DOCTOR Robyn!
Feel free to cuss Vivi just dont pull all your hair out.

Jody

The Wanderer.

An eventful weekend for sure.. Some good and some bad. Hope your leg gets better soon.

You are way too young to be a great grandmother...

Evelyn

Miss Social Chatty-ness
How's the leg?

Lindsay

Premier Senior Member
wow good news and bad @Robyn you are way too young to be a great Grandma but congratulations and I hope all goes well for the expectant parents. Now the leg.....ouccccch that sounds awful but the other ladies are right you should get it checked out.....cramp is so painful I can’t imagine how sore it must be. GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!! 😂😂😂😂 or We will have to gang up on you 😘