• by BrightEyes

by Kakleidesigns

by Carmen R

by Anita

Storm Dennis flooding

WendyP

Premier Senior Member
Just been looking at pictures of the flooding around the U.K. Just dreadful. Thankfully, here on the Isle of Wight we have not suffered too much, but it is so heartbreaking to see all these people who now have flooded properties.

I do hope that members here at Just Art are not in this situation. My heart goes out to you if you are.❤️

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - January
We have seen the devastation this storm has taken on the news those trying to recover from the last storm a week ago have had it all again ...We live on a hill in Wales we have had loads of rain thankfully for us no flooding as you say Wendy my heart also goes out to those that are suffering.xxx

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - January
I have just been looking at the pictures. It looks dreadful. I am so pleased that you and Mary are OK, Wendy. I will have to do some calling around today to check on my family

Last edited:

Lillias

Esteemed Senior Member
We have had a lot of rain and high winds - we have been sitting for a few nights now listening to the tiles on our roof clattering and hoping the roof isn't damaged BUT that pales into insignificance when I look at the flooding in other areas and the devastation it is causing to these poor people a lot of whom have been through this before and not that long ago at that. My heart goes out to them.

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
2021 Project 52 Challenge Host
We also live on a hill, I was watching the water pouring down the road and out of the pipes this morning - it's scary how it comes down cannot image what it's like for the poor people in the flood areas. Have seen lots of damage around today through the wind - hopefully everybody will stay safe and not too much damage in other places :-f

Jody

The Wanderer.
Seems we move from one disaster to another around the world. The big storm was amazing over in the UK. Hopefully people wont get too badly flooded. I recall a couple of years ago it was just terrible.

Anita

Esteemed Senior Member
It is always bad by us......looking out of our window over the meadows to the M1 and the river has burst it's banks again ...It looks like a massive lake and the water yesterday was nearly to the top of a bridge that carries the M1 over the river and meadows....

Jody

The Wanderer.
It is always bad by us......looking out of our window over the meadows to the M1 and the river has burst it's banks again ...It looks like a massive lake and the water yesterday was nearly to the top of a bridge that carries the M1 over the river and meadows....
I hope your place does not flood with it?