TAKING A BREAK AT THE BEACH

Glyn

The Dreamer
2021 Project 52 Challenge Host
Hi guys, I'm off to the Gold Coast for a week :cool: but I'm not taking my laptop :(. I'll be back next Saturday and I can't wait to see all of your beautiful layouts. Have a great week and happy scrapping.

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Ooooh I envy you have a great time see you soon.xxx

Glyn

The Dreamer
Guys, thank you for your good wishes. As you can see I am back and rested. My husband and I took our daughter and grandchilden away for a long overdue break. We were on the 14th floor of the building, right on the beach. It was lovely! Grandkids are grandkids no matter where they are, so there were a few times where the apartment just didn't feel quite large enough, if you know what I mean, but I found that if I went to the window and looked at the ocean...until the urge to jump went away, everything was right with the world again. No, I am kidding. It was a great week away and I am sure we will do it again..... It's good to be back.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Glyn, glad you had a wonderful time at the beach with your family. The view from your apartment on the 14th floor must have been fabulous.

Glyn

The Dreamer
Glyn, glad you had a wonderful time at the beach with your family. The view from your apartment on the 14th floor must have been fabulous.
I was a great view Grace...and a good view of the window washers too LOL.

Glyn

The Dreamer
Is that where you took the photos of the window washers?
Yep. They were right next door. We had window washers at out building too and when they dropped down to our window they scared the wits out of the kids but then they all fell down laughing.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
@Glyn, do you use a DSLR or point and shoot or cell phone camera? All of your photos are beautiful and clear and sharp.

Glyn

The Dreamer
@Glyn, do you use a DSLR or point and shoot or cell phone camera? All of your photos are beautiful and clear and sharp.
I use a few different cameras. All Canon. I love my SX50HS and that is the one I use most often for holiday shots, like the windows washers. It has a lovely zoom. I use my DSLR EOS 1100D for close ups mainly, but my little point and shoot SX620HS is always in my handbag for all those tims you wished you'd brought your camera. I sometimes use my phone, but very rarely. But then I don't make phone calls on my cameras either, so it's only fair LOL.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
I use a few different cameras. All Canon. I love my SX50HS and that is the one I use most often for holiday shots, like the windows washers. It has a lovely zoom. I use my DSLR EOS 1100D for close ups mainly, but my little point and shoot SX620HS is always in my handbag for all those tims you wished you'd brought your camera. I sometimes use my phone, but very rarely. But then I don't make phone calls on my cameras either, so it's only fair LOL.
I have a Canon DSLR but it's so heavy that I only use it for family photos at home and I have a small Canon point and shoot that I use when I travel. I love the small compact camera because I can carry it in the palm of my hand. However the new cell phone cameras take great photos but I don't know if the print quality is good.

Kakleidesigns

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Have an amazing time Glyn, enjoy your vacations, I am so envious...with this lockdown and the beach is not allowing cars to the parking, so we need to walk ...too much for my lazy butt, so no vacations or nothing alike here for us, I am even canceling a local trip to Eilat on November because of this CO-VID...
I was wondering the other night (it is when I take my dog Lukas to play in the park and we meet a whole group of 12 dogs) how it would be for us not to use a mask and try to chat from 2 mts distance when this is over...? It is going to be hard to get used to being normal again.

Glyn

The Dreamer
I have a Canon DSLR but it's so heavy that I only use it for family photos at home and I have a small Canon point and shoot that I use when I travel. I love the small compact camera because I can carry it in the palm of my hand. However the new cell phone cameras take great photos but I don't know if the print quality is good.
I wonder about the quality too Grace. Like you I don't carry my DSLR too far either. There's really no need to as the smaller cameras are very good these days.

Glyn

The Dreamer
Have an amazing time Glyn, enjoy your vacations, I am so envious...with this lockdown and the beach is not allowing cars to the parking, so we need to walk ...too much for my lazy butt, so no vacations or nothing alike here for us, I am even canceling a local trip to Eilat on November because of this CO-VID...
I was wondering the other night (it is when I take my dog Lukas to play in the park and we meet a whole group of 12 dogs) how it would be for us not to use a mask and try to chat from 2 mts distance when this is over...? It is going to be hard to get used to being normal again.
Karen, I've been and I am home again. I was lovely and I feel very sorry for those who can't get about because of COVID restrictions. Queensland is doing very well fortunately, as we closed our borders to the other States that weren't able to keep the virus under control. I hope you are able to move about more freely soon, but the main thing is stay safe and don't take any chances. Isn't it funny, a lot of us don't really know each other, but this scrapbooking group has brought us altogether as friends.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Enjoy your vacation Glyn!! That sounds so nice right now, as fall here is starting to turn colder. We saw our first snowflakes yesterday. Yuk!